Colorado Application Extension

Vandy321

WKR
Are you serious dude?

Yes, it is in the bill...that taxpayers will fund it.

License fees...."or appropriations made by the state legislature."

Vandy321

WKR
As it’s written so will hunters until it’s removed
What's the more likely course of action, the way that is cureently written...that CPW coughs up funds it needs to meet its current operating costs...or that the legislature does as it's written in the bill and appropriates taxpayer funds?

Rhetorical question, we all know the taxpayers of CO will foot the bill.

Jbehredt

WKR
Are you serious dude?

Yes, it is in the bill...that taxpayers will fund it.

License fees...."or appropriations made by the state legislature."

I’m sure we can count on the liberals at the capitol to take the burden off of hunters since we voted unanimously against the introduction. It’s the right thing to do. The language of the bill wasn’t an accident. Coloradans aren’t good at much but we get to vote (for now anyway) on any tax increase and almost always unite against them.

Vandy321

WKR
I’m sure we can count on the liberals at the capitol to take the burden off of hunters since we voted unanimously against the introduction. It’s the right thing to do. The language of the bill wasn’t an accident. Coloradans aren’t good at much but we get to vote (for now anyway) on any tax increase and almost always unite against them.
Doesn't have to be a tax increase directly associated with funding the reintroduction. It clearly says the legislature can appropriate funds.

Fatcamp

WKR
Doesn't have to be a tax increase directly associated with funding the reintroduction. It clearly says the legislature can appropriate funds.

Are you being serious? I really can't tell. You seem serious but what you propose is fantasy.

Vandy321

WKR
Are you being serious? I really can't tell. You seem serious but what you propose is fantasy.
Do yourself a favor and look up the definition of "appropriate funds". It means to set aside for a specific reason. That DOES NOT mean new taxes have to be passed...they are appropriating existing funds (funds raised through taxes)

Jbehredt

WKR

I just don’t see it going down that way. I think it should be funded by every idiot in the state. My guess is they’ve got “better” ways to spend my hard earned tax dollars than helping CPW pay for this mess. They’ll be told to figure it out, encouraged to raise fees.

Fatcamp

WKR
I just don’t see it going down that way. I think it should be funded by every idiot in the state. My guess is they’ve got “better” ways to spend my hard earned tax dollars than helping CPW pay for this mess. They’ll be told to figure it out, encouraged to raise fees.

No doubt. They wrote it the way they did so hunters would pay for it. There is no rational reason why they would appropriate funds from elsewhere when they can just direct the Parks Department to raise fees to pay for it.

What's the more likely course of action, the way that is cureently written...that CPW coughs up funds it needs to meet its current operating costs...or that the legislature does as it's written in the bill and appropriates taxpayer funds?

Rhetorical question, we all know the taxpayers of CO will foot the bill.
Most likey course of action is hunting dollars, b/c it doesn’t take an actual legislative session involving an action/appropriation. If no legislation action is taken or is blocked it’s automatic funding from CPW, as it is written. There is a REASON it’s written this way, Hopefully it gets changed/amended

wweaver

FNG
To the comment about non residents having to draw OTC tags. As a CO non resident am all for it. Go to another state, cough idaho, and then WY and go back to Co. Make it every other year or something. It does generate some serious $$ for CO however letting the woods flood w orange. Idaho needs to do the same. Anyone tried to get a Idaho Limited otc Elk tag Dec 1 Lately.....