Colorado Application Extension

wweaver

FNG
They did not allow enough money in the budget for helicopter fuel to bring all those wolves in, give it a few more days make another 50k

Jbehredt

WKR
I made a mental and physical note for my own deadline of when I had to make my decision. That deadline I gave myself was based on the small chance this is the first of many years I couldn’t hunt. I had to hold off on making my decision until “last minute” due to life circumstances. I agree with not procrastinating but also completely disagree with your statement. Life changes fast, especially in these times we are in.

Life changes happen fast between 4/5 (a great day to apply) and 4/6 (the worst of all possible days to apply) but you don’t expect anything big to happen between now and September?

Life changes happen fast between 4/5 (a great day to apply) and 4/6 (the worst of all possible days to apply) but you don’t expect anything big to happen between now and September?
Where in there did I say I am not expecting the potential for some big event from 4/6 to September? That exact reason is why I chose points this year instead of applying for any hunts. I’m not one that submitted late and was unsuccessful. My personal deadline was well ahead of CO’s deadline.

shadow24

FNG
Sheesh. Don’t worry boys! I opted to NOT do any applyin’ this year for various reasons, even though I wanted that point. So, you’re welcome! I guess...

But, this does worry me about the OTC circus. I was hoping that virus stuff had more people out and about last season, even though I definitely got no break because of it, and it might be a little more tame this year. From the sounds of things, not so sure now I wanna add to it. Are we being pessimistic?

Jbehredt

WKR
Where in there did I say I am not expecting the potential for some big event from 4/6 to September? That exact reason is why I chose points this year instead of applying for any hunts. I’m not one that submitted late and was unsuccessful. My personal deadline was well ahead of CO’s deadline.

Then this thread isn’t about you. This is a discussion concerning people who waited until the absolute last minute then got an extension when that didn’t work out.

It’s typical Colorado. It’s also strange to me how much ownership people have in the state and don’t live here. I can’t imagine Iowa or Kansas acting the same way during their draw.

Gerbdog

WKR
Gonna be interesting to see how overfull the parking area near the trail head is again this year , was overflowing and headed back down the road last year, spose CO must be making a bunch of money

I propose that we get together and put pressure on the government. We are a large force and our money talks. I propose we go to their offices in person and knock on their doors.

Who wants to meetup at a park in the Denver area and have a jetboil/instant coffee social hour?

Gerbdog

WKR
I propose that we get together and put pressure on the government. We are a large force and our money talks. I propose we go to their offices in person and knock on their doors.

Who wants to meetup at a park in the Denver area and have a jetboil/instant coffee social hour?
I think your onto something here.... over bitter, pretty awful coffee has the real potential of getting the government to do something useful..... nah, not even that would work probably. For the record i appreciate the game and fish folks i have worked with in my life, never a bad experience for me from them, cant say much for other branches

Back on topic, would be interested to see how many more applications they receive in these extra few days they tack on, and then i'd be curious if these warning emails go out in the future "we have extended the application deadline by 2 extra days!" because it worked so well to get people to spend their money

I'm really surprised at how many people wait till the last minute of a 6 week application period.
I used to wait until close to the deadline. This year I was a responsible grown up about it, and applied as soon as it opened. Within 2 weeks, I had 2 really awesome opportunities for tags I should have easily drawn if I would have waited. Oh well, you live and you learn.

They are just trying to get it while the getting is good before the wolves decimate the populations of basically everything in the state.