Colorado Archery Elk 7 PP

Its no secret that Preference points from 5-10, theirs a limited selection for archery elk.That being Said My Plan is to hunt 66 or 49. My question to you is ,is 66 pretty much a wilderness hunt?or is base camp from the road still a good option here.I ask because I am bring my family our to camp and really do not want to backpack in more than a couple nights.I have Hunted 65 a lot so I do know that its going to be steep. GMU 49 looks Descent but it looks like it gets more pressure there.I am not trying to kill the biggest bull just a good hunt.let me know if you all have any thoughts on this.Thanks!

For residents it took 5-6 points to draw 49 and 1-2 points to draw 66. For nonresidents it took 5-6 and 6-7, respectively. I think that tells you a lot about the two units, namely that the guys that can hunt 66 on a regular basis by and large choose to apply in other units, or the required points to draw would be higher. I have experience in both units and I would hunt 49 every time, if for nothing else but the chance at a really big bull.

OFFHNTN

WKR
Its no secret that Preference points from 5-10, theirs a limited selection for archery elk.That being Said My Plan is to hunt 66 or 49. My question to you is ,is 66 pretty much a wilderness hunt?or is base camp from the road still a good option here.I ask because I am bring my family our to camp and really do not want to backpack in more than a couple nights.I have Hunted 65 a lot so I do know that its going to be steep. GMU 49 looks Descent but it looks like it gets more pressure there.I am not trying to kill the biggest bull just a good hunt.let me know if you all have any thoughts on this.Thanks!

I have hunted both units as well, but 49 was 8 years ago. If I was going alone or with a hunting buddy, I would go to 66. Since you are taking the family, I would go to 49.