Colorado Archery Elk Clothing

OP
G
The only other thing I’d consider at least having at the truck is gaiters. Some years and areas they can be a life saver, other years I never put them on.

I didn’t list gaiters but am actually going to buy some. I’ve wanted them anyway for whitetail hunting because I hunt a thorny as hell area and they chew up my legs and catch my shoe laces like crazy.

hoytforlife

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for some critiques and help filling holes in my clothing system for late September archery. I have clothes that can fill any of these gaps, but I’m really putting emphasis on breathability as I get hot when walking. For example, I will walk to the whitetail stand in MO in 30 degree weather wearing my base layer and maybe a light midweight top with my overall side zips completely unzipped to the waste for airflow.

Rainwear:
Frogg Toggs in coyote brown
-This is what I carry for lightweight backpacking because the whole set weighs less than a pound. I know it’s not durable enough for brush busting. Is rain a serious enough concern for late archery to justify spending money to upgrade? Do you carry rain paints too?

Insulation:
Eddie Bauer Microtherm 2.0 (850 down) in coyote brown
M65 Pant liners
-I may snag a Kelvin Hoody or Lost Parka as I think both of those will be warmer for glassing, but they also weigh about 7 ounces more than the EB. I run hot when walking so don’t plan on wearing it much unless at camp, resting, or glassing.

Mid layer
Sitka Heavyweight Zip T
Sitka Midweight Zip T
-I have a variety of Nike and Under Armour stuff as well (in black) that are a bit warmer but probably don’t breathe as well. I am thinking I should have an option that is a thicker, more breathable fleece for the colder windy days or I could get a thicker merino to wear over a base layer. The Sitka stuff may also be worn as base layers.

Base Layer
Sitka Core Lightweight Hoody
Smartwool Merino bottoms
-This is the department I would definitely like to add one more option for top and bottom. For whatever reason, I cannot wear merino tops. They itch too bad so I’m limited on options. Merino bottoms don’t bother me. (Yes, I’ve tried washing in lanolin). Considering some Peleton items but they are pricey.

Pants
P’rana Zion
Eddie Bauer Guide Pro

Socks
Smartwool

Boots
Meindl comfort hiker

If it is not obvious, I am not packing all this at once. These are just options to assemble a kit at the truck. If I was going out for a day or three and expecting nice weather with cold nights, for example, I’d probably go:

Merino socks
Zion pants; I may or may not bring the merino bottoms or M65 liners depending on the low temp and wind
Core lightweight hoody or midweight zip as base too layer
EB Puffy
Rain jacket and frogg togg pants for wind/rain.
You have an awesome setup!