Colorado archery elk, first hunt

Elkhntr08

WKR
Again you have failed to read. I’m questioning if you can at this point. I explicitly said I wasn’t asking for a handout. That I wanted to tell someone what I had planned and see if it made sense to them.

Also explicitly said I cannot take off to go scout this summer. Is it ideal? No. Unfortunately not everyone can.

Stop being full of shit and telling me every person on her summer scouts every trip. That’s exactly the purpose of things like this forum is bc 99% of the out of state people in fact can’t.

Now we wait and see what retarted shit you’ll make up next after again, not reading my post. Keep it coming though, you’re boosting your street cred with you post numbers!
Then you should have taken the time to post your plan. We don’t mind long posts, gives me a reason for popcorn.
Had you done that, you’d probably had half a dozen or more guys giving a thumbs up or down to your plan.
By arguing with everyone, a thumb would be a good thing to get.
Sometimes you need to look around and see how things flow before you jump in and start stomping around. Kinda like hunting elk.
Welcome and cowboy up.

OP
Crjones8

Crjones8

FNG
Then you should have taken the time to post your plan. We don’t mind long posts, gives me a reason for popcorn.
Had you done that, you’d probably had half a dozen or more guys giving a thumbs up or down to your plan.
By arguing with everyone, a thumb would be a good thing to get.
Sometimes you need to look around and see how things flow before you jump in and start stomping around. Kinda like hunting elk.
Welcome and cowboy up.
So all these dudes told me not to be so specific now you’re telling me I should have been more specific lol. Btw just finished season 4 of Yellowstone so I’m practically as cowboy as it gets. Stomp stomp I guess.

svivian

WKR
Do y’all read posts at all? I’m just curious bc my initial posted stated that I had been doing research and talking to other folks that I was just looking for someone to bounce ideas off of with experience and possibly in the general area I had planned? It’s just a lazy response. Keep ‘em coming though I guess lol. Defend your other brethren with many post that you don’t actually know from someone actually trying to learn. Get him!! The entertainment I didn’t expect from this post lol
The irony of calling someone lazy with a thread like this….. good luck with your 1000’s of new friends you’ll be meeting up by vail. Please post your results when you get back like so many that start threads like this.

Elkhntr08

WKR
So all these dudes told me not to be so specific now you’re telling me I should have been more specific lol. Btw just finished season 4 of Yellowstone so I’m practically as cowboy as it gets. Stomp stomp I guess.
Don’t post unit numbers, roads, land marks, things like that.
Had you spent some time on here, you’d know that.
I watched The Good Doctor last night, does make me a brain surgeon?

OP
Crjones8

Crjones8

FNG
The irony of calling someone lazy with a thread like this….. good luck with your 1000’s of new friends you’ll be meeting up by vail. Please post your results when you get back like so many that start threads like this.
I’ll be kicked off for calling someone a douche before then, I’m certain of it.

OP
Crjones8

Crjones8

FNG
Don’t post unit numbers, roads, land marks, things like that.
Had you spent some time on here, you’d know that.
I watched The Good Doctor last night, does make me a brain surgeon?
I mean some of the folks posting on this thread could probably use your brain surgeon skills you learned lol. Hope you guys hunting skills are better than you insults.

Between endless hikers disturbing the woods and all the hunters, I simply cannot comprehend how anyone shares information on any unit that takes less than 5 points to draw.

Even if you don’t ever plan on hunting the area again or at least not for a long time, it’s a dck move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gibby97

FNG
Hey everyone...if you're looking for a good spot to go in Colorado for an OTC tag you should look at the area SW of Vail. Looks like some great area...everyone should look really closely at it and hit it hard this season!

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
You sound like a real Richard. The dude simply asked a question, if you have nothing important to add simply say Not A damn thing.

OP
Crjones8

Crjones8

FNG
Between endless hikers disturbing the woods and all the hunters, I simply cannot comprehend how anyone shares information on any unit that takes less than 5 points to draw.

Even if you don’t ever plan on hunting the area again or at least not for a long time, it’s a dck move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Even if no one gave me any advice I’d still be hunting there . Wouldn’t change the amount of people in that unit during those dates.

Hondo0925

Lil-Rokslider
Are you packing in for your 12 days or just hunting from your truck?
Find somewhere you can get away from all the dang ATV traffic, camp near a stream, bring fishing gear that way regardless you and your buddy will have a grand time.

OP
Crjones8

Crjones8

FNG
Are you packing in for your 12 days or just hunting from your truck?
Find somewhere you can get away from all the dang ATV traffic, camp near a stream, bring fishing gear that way regardless you and your buddy will have a grand time.
Got to be careful how I say things around these parts but yes I had initially planned on packing in for the 12 days. I think that plan has scaled back to maybe packing food for 7 days and then going from there. With the obvious of being flexible. Definitely seems from the maps some units and some parts of units have more ATV paths that we’d like to stay away from. Initially we had considered just packing in far as we could and getting away. After reading some advice around it seems like we should probably not overlook the area we may be coming in through closer to the truck. So maybe a day or two scouting our way further in so to speak. Making sure we pay close attention in the stuff closer to access as well.

I appreciate the reasonable discourse. You’re the second person to tell me bring a fishing pole too. Is that not a hassle to keep from getting jacked up in your pack/on your pack? I like the idea of maybe catching a few fish for the experience for sure.

sndmn11

WKR
Fantastic advice that I overlooked . Don’t fall off a mountain is now step 1 of my elk hunting plan.

Don't pee uphill should be 1a.

Whatever your plan is, it is wrong, simply from reading what you have focused your few questions on. Hunt the bear tag 100% of the time.

OP
Crjones8

Crjones8

FNG
Don't pee uphill should be 1a.

Whatever your plan is, it is wrong, simply from reading what you have focused your few questions on. Hunt the bear tag 100% of the time.
Oh I gathered that already. Mostly bc I don’t have my internet badge of wisdom yet. I still got a lot more posts so it will say “we’ll known rokslider” then I’ll have the right idea.

Seriously though, y’all sitting here trying to be smart asses is great. Mostly bc you’re just babbling dumb shit trying to sound cool.

bsnedeker

WKR
You sound like a real Richard. The dude simply asked a question, if you have nothing important to add simply say Not A damn thing.
I'm just trying to help people out...jeez! Whenever I hear about a great area like that spot SW of Vail I want everyone on the internet to know about it!

OP
Crjones8

Crjones8

FNG
I'm just trying to help people out...jeez! Whenever I hear about a great area like that spot SW of Vail I want everyone on the internet to know about it!

I can post pins of the places in those units I saw elk when I get back if that would be helpful to the “community”? I don’t want anyone to miss out on this honey hole!