COLORADO ARCHERY OTC: Hunters needed

degrawd

FNG
Hello there,
Looking for a couple of guys/gals that would like to archery hunt an OTC unit here in Colorado this September. I didn’t draw this year so I’m going OTC. I’ve been hammering the preseason scouting both online and with boots on the ground. Hoping to find some hunters that have the same ambition. I’d like to be with a couple hunters that have put in the time/effort to be successful in the woods. General rules apply to hunting spots shown, if you break the rules of secret spots, there’s nothing I can do. But the hunting gods will release their karma onto you until the end of times. Im based in Denver but my spots are 3.5-4.5 hours away from Denver.
Let me know if anyone would be interested in teaming up this year.

Lurch12

Lil-Rokslider
I would love to be a Colorado resident and be able to put boots on the ground throughout the year!! Very generous offer of you! Hope you find a team and send some arrows!

I don't know how much traction they've received on this, but the guys at Elk Bros have launched the hunting equivalent of a dating app for finding hunting partners. Might be worth checking out.

And here we have joked about that for years. It will likely work and be a huge money maker.

I can't imagine getting a date from an app, let alone a hunting partner.

I can imagine profiles, can shoot moa to 500, ready to go 10 miles a day with 75#.
In person:
ElmerFudd.gif

OP
D

degrawd

FNG
That’s what I’m thinking... 😅
No need for a hunt partner app, or even a internet post looking for partners.

Just stumble around the Colorado elk woods and you'll meet so many new found friends
Thats what I’ve been doing, but everyone is always so weary of the level of honesty with hunters nowadays. I talk to lots of guys that I see scouting and shooting, most guys that seem real already have a group (or so they say) or have draw units.

gelton

WKR
I met a dude once as I was packing out after a solo 14-day trip and he was driving up to the trailhead. He was also solo and from North Carolina.

We have hunted together 4-5 different seasons now, sometimes with his dad who brought me their wall tent and cots to hold onto because it's a shorter drive for me and sometimes the dad can't make it.

This year we are bringing both of our dads. In fact, we were going to split up the price of a new Davis tent but I called this morning and they are ten weeks out, so we are going to upgrade the current one with an internal frame.

On a totally different note, I met a guy on here once who spent thousands getting geared up and he left on day 3 because he got cold feet - both literally and figuratively.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I met one of my best friends while out elk hunting several years ago. He was the only other bowhunter I saw for two weeks and we finally stopped to talk to each other. We still don't hunt together much, even when we both have the same draw tag....but we help each other out whenever the need arises and talk almost every day while we're in there.

2tall

FNG
Hello there,
Looking for a couple of guys/gals that would like to archery hunt an OTC unit here in Colorado this September. I didn’t draw this year so I’m going OTC. I’ve been hammering the preseason scouting both online and with boots on the ground. Hoping to find some hunters that have the same ambition. I’d like to be with a couple hunters that have put in the time/effort to be successful in the woods. General rules apply to hunting spots shown, if you break the rules of secret spots, there’s nothing I can do. But the hunting gods will release their karma onto you until the end of times. Im based in Denver but my spots are 3.5-4.5 hours away from Denver.
I was just about to post something similar, but I'm not a CO resident. Went out west a couple years ago for a DIY elk hunt with a buddy. Buddy doesn't want to go again and the wife refuses to let me go solo. If you're still looking for someone to team up with please let me know, as I'd like to make it out a week in September this year.

bozeman

WKR
I was just about to post something similar, but I'm not a CO resident. Went out west a couple years ago for a DIY elk hunt with a buddy. Buddy doesn't want to go again and the wife refuses to let me go solo. If you're still looking for someone to team up with please let me know, as I'd like to make it out a week in September this year.
Sorry- you lost me at 'wife refuses to let me'...............

2tall

FNG
Figured I'd get a response along those lines. When you have an infant at home and the Rockies aren't your stomping ground, there is definitely a safety factor in having a hunting partner.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Btaylor

WKR
Figured I'd get a response along those lines. When you have an infant at home and the Rockies aren't your stomping ground, there is definitely a safety factor in having a hunting partner.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
That's what in-reach or zoleo are for.

bozeman

WKR
lob a hangin curve ball.......you know somebody gonna take a swing........its like the PM's you get from a classified post: i want this, but let me talk to my wife first........hehe....

I want everyone to stay safe (including 2tall), but honestly, sometimes you gotta chart your own path.

AKBound

FNG
Hello there,
New here, but my hunting partners won't be able to make it due to work obligations this year. Was planning to go solo this fall, but am interested in teaming up for this fall. Relatively new elk hunter, but avid duck, upland bird, and midwest deer hunter. Don't have enough posts for PM, but will work towards it.