COLORADO ARCHERY OTC: Hunters needed

3forks

WKR
To the OP… try explaining to your wife that you going hunting solo is probably a safer bet than you looking for a random dude on the internet to head into the mountains with.

2tall

FNG
To the OP… try explaining to your wife that you going hunting solo is probably a safer bet than you looking for a random dude on the internet to head into the mountains with.
You aren't wrong there. And to the guy that mentioned in reach and the like. I do have the in reach explorer I think, but if things go south it's definitely good to have someone else there to held handle a possible severe first aid situation. Is definitely just a peace of mind thing when the closest person you know is a 30+ hour car ride away.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Btaylor

WKR
You aren't wrong there. And to the guy that mentioned in reach and the like. I do have the in reach explorer I think, but if things go south it's definitely good to have someone else there to held handle a possible severe first aid situation. Is definitely just a peace of mind thing when the closest person you know is a 30+ hour car ride away.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
That was me on the in-reach comment. Bottom line, at least for me, is "what if" fears are a waste of time and energy if one has any desire to actually live and experience the things that will give their life purpose, meaning and fulfillment. Hunting and fishing provide that for me as does my wife but before she was my wife there was plenty of communication about the importance of those activities in my life. Once she understood that, she has always been supportive of my activities and I am always supportive of hers.

Hello there,
Looking for a couple of guys/gals that would like to archery hunt an OTC unit here in Colorado this September. I didn’t draw this year so I’m going OTC. I’ve been hammering the preseason scouting both online and with boots on the ground. Hoping to find some hunters that have the same ambition. I’d like to be with a couple hunters that have put in the time/effort to be successful in the woods. General rules apply to hunting spots shown, if you break the rules of secret spots, there’s nothing I can do. But the hunting gods will release their karma onto you until the end of times. Im based in Denver but my spots are 3.5-4.5 hours away from Denver.
Let me know if anyone would be interested in teaming up this year.
Pretty trusting of you to show strangers secret spots

Maldavis

FNG

Doesn’t have to a random dude, find a attractive woman bow hunter to “pair” up with. A couple pics for wife to “ accidentally” see on your phone and your on your first solo adventure. Fixed that one now on to the COVID threads.

No thanks needed I live to help others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EVD

FNG
If you're still looking, I would be interested in discussing some details (dates, hunting style, experience, etc.). I can't send a PM, is there another way to get in touch?

arock

Lil-Rokslider
Jordan did a rockslide podcast with Mike Herne on having a 5pt in case crap \ all is well plan. Maybe running through something like that would be helpful to make her more comfortable with a solo adventure.

Hello there,
Looking for a couple of guys/gals that would like to archery hunt an OTC unit here in Colorado this September. I didn’t draw this year so I’m going OTC. I’ve been hammering the preseason scouting both online and with boots on the ground. Hoping to find some hunters that have the same ambition. I’d like to be with a couple hunters that have put in the time/effort to be successful in the woods. General rules apply to hunting spots shown, if you break the rules of secret spots, there’s nothing I can do. But the hunting gods will release their karma onto you until the end of times. Im based in Denver but my spots are 3.5-4.5 hours away from Denver.
Karma and what goes around comes around is a B!

I went last year for the first time. Was supposed to be with a group of ten camping and two hunting. I am the only one that showed. I was not successful in getting an elk but it was a successful trip anyway. So much that I’m hoping to be up there in about 3-1/2 weeks again. But I will be solo too. Met a guy last year that had his hunting partner quit and flew home so we teamed up the last couple days of season. I’d much rather at least have camp with others. Always nice to at least have extra boots around to help out. I have one unit in particular that im going back to but not 100% changing if it would help everyone out. I’m driving up from Texas again. 10,000ft+ elevation change is brutal… but doable. Can’t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KRH

FNG
I'd be interested in teaming up. I primarily hunt solo. I am in my early 30s, in good shape, have horses, and consistently fill tags. I am looking to team up with someone for safety reasons. I now have a wife and kids and it would make the wife feel a lot better about me disappearing for two weeks in September.

OP
D

degrawd

FNG
I'd be interested in teaming up. I primarily hunt solo. I am in my early 30s, in good shape, have horses, and consistently fill tags. I am looking to team up with someone for safety reasons. I now have a wife and kids and it would make the wife feel a lot better about me disappearing for two weeks in September.
Hey man! I found a couple guys last year and forgot about this post. The couple guys I met last year drew WY tags so I’m again looking for a partner. Are you still interested in teaming up?

I'm thinking about starting a side business: CO OTC archery, resident hunting buddy. Will follow you around in the woods, and send your wife regular status updates. "Yep he's still alive, stubbed his toe this morning, but got it all taped up, and ready to go again." "Nope, hasn't been eaten by a bear yet." I will carefully log all your waypoints, and promise not to share them, as long as you have my Premium Hunting Buddy subscription package...

D.Blake

Lil-Rokslider
Kombucha Girl |  2TALL HUNTING SOLO; 2TALL HUNTING WITH A STRANGER FROM THE INTERNET | image tagged in kombucha girl | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

Meateater

FNG
Hello there,
Are you looking for a guy this year? My buddy backed out and have the strong urge to still come out.

TThorn51

FNG
Hello there,
Hello there,
Hello degrawd, I was curious if you found anyone to take you up on your offer? My brother-in-law and myself are headed out for our first archery otc in NW Colorado.
Thanks