Colorado Backdoor Thread

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK boys (and girls)
I see the backdoor is open for bear and moose. That means we're within striking distance of the deer draws. Figured I'd get this post up and stick it to the top so us keyboard warriors can post up what we know.

I applied for Colorado with good odds this year just to have a chance to get out of the winterkill in all the places I usually hunt.

How many of you applied?

UPDATE:
ckleeves laid it out step-by-step below but I'll paste it here for ease of finding:

1. Go to "buy hunting license"
  2. Select "online"
  3. Enter your personal info
  4. Select "habitat stamps and all other licenses"
  5. You can then view your licenses on file.
  6. If you see just a resident or nonresident app and a code in the 400's then you didn't draw.
  7. If you see a code in the 500's with resident or nonresident license, then you drew!

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I applied for a fourth season tag I'm be crushed if I don't draw since I've planned my whole 2017 season around it. It'll be essential to find out early

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

JustHunt

FNG
I'm in. First choice 3rd season, second choice 2nd season. Hoping I get third, but I'de be happy with second season as well, but it would mess with my plans of wanting to hunt Idaho the last week of October.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I applied for a fourth season tag I'm be crushed if I don't draw since I've planned my whole 2017 season around it. It'll be essential to find out early

Hey best of luck on that. I know what you mean when you plan your whole season around one hunt and then it doesn't happen. About three days of depression and confusion after the draws come out. I swear we think about the stuff too much ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustHunt

FNG

If your name has any indication for how you do in the draws I'de have a plan B just incase.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Definitely not lucky but hopefully I can avoid point creep just this once. Plan B is Wyoming so still a few days to make adjustments

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Anybody want to post up step-by-step how to check the back door? I'm kind of rusty on the whole process. Maybe I'll copy/pastebit in the lead post if someone lays it out for us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ckleeves

WKR
It's pretty simple these days.

Go to "buy hunting license"
Select "online"
Enter your personal info
Select "habitat stamps and all other licenses"

You can then view your licenses on file. If you see just a resident or nonresident app and a code in the 400's then you didn't draw.
If you see a code in the 500's with resident or nonresident lic then you drew!

This is the easiest way IMO.

ckleeves

WKR
Example here. I drew a bear tag and nothing else so far.
f92cff2a446e548a13e652a364621c94.jpg

Blazer0290

Lil-Rokslider
Damn I am at 15 points for Bear!! Thought for sure I would draw the Bosque this year! Didn't happen!What the hell does it take to draw this place. Statistics showed I should have hit at 15. Looks like I'll pick a archery tag again!!

I put in for an archery buck tag. I didn't draw it the last two years, so I should be about guaranteed this year. I'm planning on having elk, deer, and bear archery tags this season. Then, possibly a fourth rifle buck hunt with my dad if he draws.

Bulldawg

WKR
Damn I am at 15 points for Bear!! Thought for sure I would draw the Bosque this year! Didn't happen!What the hell does it take to draw this place. Statistics showed I should have hit at 15. Looks like I'll pick a archery tag again!!

Well looking at the stats, last year it was only a 40% chance of drawing with 15 points, 3 people didn't draw last year with 15 so if those guys put in with 16 they would draw and then there were 8 people with 14 points last year so if all them put in again with 15 points this year, that would leave 1 tag for 8 people leaving you with a 12.5% chance of drawing that tag, point creep just continues and there is no end in sight!!!