Colorado backpacking trip

Aron Snyder

Rokslide Sponsor
I would like to do a couple night trip (one night for sure) after I get back from Idaho. The end of may would be best and the snow should be melted enough to get into a couple good areas I know of.

Who would be up for this and what dates work best?

a3dhunter

I'm out for that weekend(working) and the next, May 25th is the wedding anniversary for me so we have a trip planned for the following weekend(June 1,2).
If it ended up the weekend of June 8,9 I would go. You and Joe could at least have some entertainment watching me try to catch up to you guys.;)

shaun

If only I lived there! I am going to try and make it out that way atleast one time this summer to do some scouting

crumy

I would be interested. Just need to know when. Memorial weekend wouldn't work for me already have plans but any other weekend I am open.

bnsafe

sounds good to me unless im working. just firm up the dates and i should be able to make it. keep in mind im a newbie to colorado so i will just be watching and learning and hoping yall dont kill me. sounds awesome though.

CO_Dave

I would be interested. Just need to know when. Memorial weekend wouldn't work for me already have plans but any other weekend I am open.

Same here, I would love to get out and shake out the bugs.

bnsafe

so i dont want to thread jack this, but aron could you put a list of stuff you take on a trip like this so i know what to pack. ive got the tent, sleeping bag, pad, backpack, im assuming i will need to carry my port cooker and some mountain house meals, do you carry water or use a filter. ive got a msr filter but never used it. what else might i need for this. im excited.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

Rokslide Sponsor
so i dont want to thread jack this, but aron could you put a list of stuff you take on a trip like this so i know what to pack. ive got the tent, sleeping bag, pad, backpack, im assuming i will need to carry my port cooker and some mountain house meals, do you carry water or use a filter. ive got a msr filter but never used it. what else might i need for this. im excited.

I'm trying to call in a Turkey for Gman at the moment, so calling me this weekend would be best.

I'll go over everything then.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

Rokslide Sponsor
We've decided the we're not turkey hunters:)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366903655990.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366903655990.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 237

crumy

Turkey hunting is awesome. I did it alot back east. Nothing out here yet. You know your supposed to hide right? :D

bnsafe

i do miss my turkey huntin. if ya got any questions about that i can help ya there. if i can find em i will kill em.