Colorado Bow Hunt

OP
D

david long

It was a bust! Only hunted one day. Felt guilty that I left my wife to do everything on the selling of the house so I came back early. Trying to reschedule a trip but not looking good. May not even make it back out this year. We will see.

I did watch a helicopter rescue through my spotting scope on opening day. A rockslide took out two guys who were climbing Hagerman Peak. It killed one and broke the other guys ankle.

Really unfortunate.

It was a bust! Only hunted one day. Felt guilty that I left my wife to do everything on the selling of the house so I came back early. Trying to reschedule a trip but not looking good. May not even make it back out this year. We will see.

I did watch a helicopter rescue through my spotting scope on opening day. A rockslide took out two guys who were climbing Hagerman Peak. It killed one and broke the other guys ankle.

Really unfortunate.

And just like that you realize how insignificant your few days missed hunting really is....

Mike

shanevg

WKR

Really unfortunate.

As much as we love hunting - it's always important to put your family first. Happy wife, happy life. You can always hunt next year if need be, but chances are you'll find another day to make it out into the woods.

Did you at least get to find some deer while out hunting?

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Agreed, its always a tough thing when family obligations make time a little harder to find. I didn't get so spend any time with my bow over the last six months so I don't feel comfortable at all trying to kill an animal with it. However, that just means that opening weekend here I get to spend with my wife, some time with the nephew, and both of my sisters and brother in laws.

The wife and I are going to take an overnighter in the Winds and try to see some territory that I have never been to. We should be back in time on Saturday afternoon to spend a little time with the family, and then family pictures Sunday evening. Should be some time well spent.

Hoytnut

FNG
It's all about priorities and family always comes first - no exceptions! Comments like those above are why I really like this site - a great group of hardcore hunters, yet many on here obviously grasp what is truly important in life!

Good priorities it'll definitely make for a long off season if you don't get out again though.

OP
D

david long

Really glad I came home early. There was still quite a bit of things that needed to be done around the house. Made the wife very happy.

I do have a Wyoming tag. Won't have time to do a bowhunt, but am hoping I can squeeze in a rifle hunt the last week of the season.

I did see seven total bucks on the trip. Nothing worth pursuing. Biggest one was around 160. I did have a nice bull bed down about two hundred yards below me. Good stuff breeze from the bull to me. Think it would have been an easy stalk, but like I told Aron, I didn't feel like packing out four loads of elk in pack, therefore, never attempted a stalk. Not even sure why I buy an elk license:)

Saw some new country anyways. That's always cool!