Colorado Bow Hunt

D

david long

It's that time! I leave Friday morning for my CO archery muley hunt. Originally there were supposed to be several of us, but due to several reasons, I will be going solo.

I have yet to set foot in the mountains this year (other than the Rokslide Challenge) to do any scouting. To make matters worse, I will be backpacking into an area that I have never set foot before. Probably not real good odds of finding a whopper buck, but with that being said, I am extremely excited about seeing and hunting new country.

The reason i have not made it to the hills is we are in the process of selling our existing house and buying another. My wife will actually be closing on our house while I am on my hunt. I had to sign a power of attorney in order for her to do this.....that means I have my priorities straight? Right? Lol.

I will only have three and a half days to hunt before returning to close on the house we are purchasing. (they wouldn't let me sign a power of attorney for that one). :(

Anyhow, enough rambling, simply wanted to wish everyone good luck on their archery muley hunts in Colorado this coming week.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Best of luck buddy! If anyone can get it done in 3.5 days, it's David Long!

Hope your name ends up on the deed of that house! :)

OP
D

david long

Thanks Robby.....hope I am not homeless when I return:)

Shaun....travel safe and good luck!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
OK David, with three days we still expect 190 or bigger:) Good luck buddy!

OP
D

david long

Ryan, I did the math and this is what I came up with:

No scouting + new area + three days = 145.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Good luck David! And 145?? C'mon we all know you wouldn't even THINK about shooting one of that size! ;)

Ozz08

WKR
If you see a buck at all it will beat my opening weekend. 2 days hunting I saw 1 doe, 1 fawn, 1 week old track, 1 pile of deer crap that was so old it turned to dust when I touched it, and 10 buck toothed hillbillies firing semi auto pistols from 10 in the morning till 2 the next morning! Lol! But I had my three year old with me for the opener so we just cruised the forest roads and went on a couple walks. It was more of a camping trip. He loved it. I did think we would see a few more deer though. My son even commented "daddy we see more deer at home than in the mountains". He was right. Haha. And we live in a major metropolitan area! My pack in trips start labor day weekend. I can't wait!

GRAYLIGHT

FNG
Good luck to you David and everyone else venturing into the back country... Be safe, keep your wit's about you and come out heavy. All the best :)

Tdiesel

Lil-Rokslider
good luck to everyone I'm headed out on Friday as well. Hope I can get in close enough

Califhuntn

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck on your hunt. I guess if anyone can walk into an area w/o scouting and 3 days to hunt and come away with a whopper buck it's you.

OP
D

david long

Man......you guys expect a lot :) Just looking forward to a little time away from work. Should be fun.

It must be a GREAT house to be doing this during this time of year! Good luck on the hunt. I guess this is just another reason why the Long vs. Snyder challenge fell through. ;)

OP
D

david long

Good luck on your hunt David, I'll be you come out with something bigger than a 145 :)

JG358....rest assured, it will either be bigger than 145 or I will come home empty handed. :)