Colorado Buck well worth the 25 Points!

Humbleman

FNG
On November 16th I was lucky enough to take a Colorado Buck of my dreams in a very weather dependent unit. There is no way I could have taken the buck without the help of this group. There’s a handful of guys in here that gave me the insight and courage to hunt a unit 44 DIY. It is unbelievably stressful to burn 25 points. I learned so much and spent quality time in camp with two great guys/outdoorsman (Dan & Doug) I meet in this forum. With their help and a couple key locals, I got my trophy. It was a tough hunt, but one rewarding that I will always remember. . Thanks guys, you know who you are. My buck scored 187 3/8”. I hope to help someone next year.

FNG
Beautiful buck! A couple questions: Is that an Accumark? What caliber and is that a Vortex LHT? How did the shot(s) work out?

OP
H

Humbleman

FNG
Beautiful buck! A couple questions: Is that an Accumark? What caliber and is that a Vortex LHT? How did the shot(s) work out?
It’s a Weatherby Accumark in a 300 Win Mag. It has the newly designed break. Hardly kicks. I put a Nightforce NX-8 2.5 x 20 x 50 mm on top of it. It moved me from a 300 yd guy to hitting small targets at 750 yds consistently. Im using a Nosler Brand 180 grain Accubond. I’ve had great results with the Accubonds.