Colorado clothes suggestions

Hooverfb

Lil-Rokslider
So my plans changed from california bear at this moment, to colorado later in the year. Totally different climate, and later season means colder weather and potential snow.
I'll preface the clothes I've wore below, were worn on a mule deer hunt that got down into the 30s. I was grateful for the sun to rise but was okay.

Pants:
Black ovis merino base layer (forgot at home last time, would have been nice lol)
Kryptek alaios/kuiu kitana pants.

Tops:
Kryptek short sleeve poly shirt/black ovis merino ss
kuiu merino 145 ls
Black ovis merino hoodie
First lite merino quarter zip (mid-light weight, dont remember name)

Jacket:
Academy fleece orange vest
Kryptek kratos 2
First lite corrugate (nylon) jacket (just bought this year)
Mountain wear soft shell (didnt use)

So I'm not sold on anything particular. But I think I'll probably need some mid layer that will help layer under the kratos, but be enough while active in potential snow. Looking at potentially the kuiu kutana 3defx jacket, or kryptek Bora jacket. Which would be an all around better item? Or am I looking at the wrong peices all together? Or good to go?

Boots are just lightweight danners with a number of different merino socks, layering if needed ( have only had to layer socks in -25 in ohio).

OP
H

Hooverfb

Lil-Rokslider
Ended up going with kuiu kutana 3defx. Also got the axis gloves.

Jimss

WKR
I'm not sure if you have a rain jacket/pants on your list but if it rains or snows you will need them. I would suggest kuiu or sitka. Another top I use a lot is an insulated vest. I have a fanatic jacket that works well as a quiet cloth outer plus a warm inner. Neck gators keep me warm in cold and wind. A warm hat that covers ears. Also wind proof and waterproof gloves are nice. Some guys swear by gators but my rainpants work great in snow Danner boots ought to be ok but if you want the best I'd take a look at Lowas or Crispis.

OP
H

Hooverfb

Lil-Rokslider
So I do not have a rain jacket/pants. I've considered it, and was part of the reason I considered the bora. I feel like using nylon outer layers, while definitely not a weather proof layer, is a good resistant layer. I've just never had rain gear specifically, I've always used layers and a rain resistant layer. I feel like if it's raining much worse than what that can handle, I'm not in shooting weather at that point and probably need cover anyways.

mcseal2

WKR
I would also add rain gear and I always pack a puffy pant and jacket. I am more still, comfortable, and effective glassing in the puffy set. I like down in a drier climate like CO. If I was to only have 1 it would be synthetic. I layer a peloton 240 over the hybrid jacket you have and a superdown pro jacket over that glassing.

At a minimum for rain gear I take a MyTrailCo poncho/tarp. Its almost as big as the Kifaru sheep tarp for a glassing shelter and is multipurpose. It does not have the re-enforced patches like the Kifaru and isn’t as well made, but has been good enough for me. It does not replace real rain gear in wet conditions but is way better than nothing. Its multi-purpose also. I take real rain gear if I expect rain, this if I don’t.

As for rain gear, if you don’t want to spend ridiculously large amounts of money, the Cabelas 2pc gortex stuff has worked well for me. It might be the Guide Series, I don’t remember. I bought it 4-5 years ago. I’ve shot several matches in it where it rained/snowed pretty much all day from 60 degrees to 20 degrees and it’s never failed me. I think it was less than $250 for the 2pc set.

OP
H

Hooverfb

Lil-Rokslider
Solid points. Tarp would probably be my more likely choice.. I've been out in snow before and just dont see a rain jacket as being necessary for snow. I greatly appreciate the suggestions. Will make a thread come late october for how it goes

mcseal2

WKR
I mentioned the poncho/tarp earlier as rain gear that works as a tarp, but for a designated tarp I have not found anything I like nearly as well as the Seekoutside DST. I have used mine a bunch camping and fishing during the summers. I used it in Alaska in 2018 and its packed to go with me when I leave tomorrow for AK again. Great and versatile tarp worth its weight. Square tarps are easy to set up multiple ways, and the re-enforced patch on the DST makes it even easier.