Colorado Covid requirements?

Getting ready to head to Colorado on a mini vacation later this week and was wondering if masks are mandatory, restaurants open or closed, malls open for the wife, etc? Is there much shut down or are most businesses open? Planning on going thru Trinidad, Colorado Springs and on towards Aspen. Thanks in advance!

Just got back last Sunday, and we wore masks everywhere we went. It's no big deal. Restaurants were open. We opted to eat outside. Again, no big deal. Just plan on wearing them unless you're in your vehicle or seated at a restaurant.

Just got back from central CO. Masks were mandatory in public places. At restaurants they’d seat you and then you take them off. Luckily spent most of the time above treeline and never saw a soul up there.

My aunt lives south of Denver. It’s business as usual for the most part. Most restaurants will ask you to wear one to the table or atleast have one with you when you walk in. Although they can’t make you wear it and a simple “I have a medical condition” will get you clear passage just about anywhere you want to go with no mask required.

***I am not asking for anyone’s opinion on how they feel about what I said. I’m just stating a fact. If you are a “masker” that’s your business and I’m not judging you. Do the same for those that aren’t.

My aunt lives south of Denver. It’s business as usual for the most part. Most restaurants will ask you to wear one to the table or atleast have one with you when you walk in. Although they can’t make you wear it and a simple “I have a medical condition” will get you clear passage just about anywhere you want to go with no mask required.

***I am not asking for anyone’s opinion on how they feel about what I said. I’m just stating a fact. If you are a “masker” that’s your business and I’m not judging you. Do the same for those that aren’t.

You're right...they can't make you wear it, but by the governor's mandate they can't serve you if you don't enter with a mask on. Of course they will "ask" you to put it on; in restaurants you can take it off at the table. Your "fact" isn't exactly a fact...stay in OK until you read the order.

I'm not a "masker" and that is not my opinion. https://www.scribd.com/document/469402606/Colorado-Mask-Order-7-16-20#download&from_embed

To the OP: bring your mask, wear it inside public places (except when eating); that's the requirement. Most places that have survived are open. Its courteous to wear it if you will be <6' from people outdoors, but not required. I pull mine up on the trail if they pull theirs up. Outdoors, if they don't care...I don't care.

Last edited:

Ucsdryder

WKR

I saw some hillbilly in Gunnison this weekend at a fast food restaurant without a mask on in line. Everyone else did of course. He looked like he had a mental deficiency so I feel a little bad for judging him now. He obviously had a medical reason...

You're right...they can't make you wear it, but by the governor's mandate they can't serve you if you don't enter with a mask on. Of course they will "ask" you to put it on; in restaurants you can take it off at the table. Your "fact" isn't exactly a fact...stay in OK until you read the order.

I'm not a "masker" and that is not my opinion. https://www.scribd.com/document/469402606/Colorado-Mask-Order-7-16-20#download&from_embed

To the OP: bring your mask, wear it inside public places (except when eating); that's the requirement. Most places that have survived are open. Its courteous to wear it if you will be <6' from people outdoors, but not required. I pull mine up on the trail if they pull theirs up. Outdoors, if they don't care...I don't care.

:) I’ll be there in just a couple weeks for an entire month.......doing my part to be defiant in every way possible in regards to masks. I guess it really doesn’t matter what it is, if the Governor mandates it and other people start doing it, it just becomes everyone’s norm. Well......not everyone.

My spoon to stir the pot with......come on. Let’s play.

D9DCBE96-3F50-4741-99F4-E6311935D8BF.jpeg

brsnow

WKR
:) I’ll be there in just a couple weeks for an entire month.......doing my part to be defiant in every way possible in regards to masks. I guess it really doesn’t matter what it is, if the Governor mandates it and other people start doing it, it just becomes everyone’s norm. Well......not everyone.

there is no doubt the majority of people not wearing masks are tourists.

OP
O
Thanks guys for all the input. Wife and I just wanted to know what the protocol is. We’re not mask wearers but if we have to in order to have a good time I guess we will. I wonder what happened to personal accountability? Don’t mean to start anything.😀

Jbehredt

WKR
Thanks guys for all the input. Wife and I just wanted to know what the protocol is. We’re not mask wearers but if we have to in order to have a good time I guess we will. I wonder what happened to personal accountability? Don’t mean to start anything.

Didn’t you hear? Personal accountability is racist now. Liberalism killed it.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Thanks guys for all the input. Wife and I just wanted to know what the protocol is. We’re not mask wearers but if we have to in order to have a good time I guess we will. I wonder what happened to personal accountability? Don’t mean to start anything.😀

Pretty well said. I’m not a big mask wearer but I do it because it makes other people more comfortable, it doesn’t negatively impact my life, and chances are it helps, maybe just a little, but a little is better than nothing.

sndmn11

WKR

I wear my mask in businesses, never outdoors, and the mountain towns I have frequented has been about 2:1 bare faces to masked in stores.

My interpretation was mask if unable to distance, and most people in my gym have been following that concept.

Good enough...just be wary of out-of-staters telling you what the instate laws do and don't require...

cnelk

WKR
I see people ride bicycles with masks on, people jogging with masks on, Hell the other morning I saw the local Cross Country HS team running down the road with masks on (but I blame that on the Liberal Indoctrination Centers)

How stupid.

Bring a bandana. Tie it around your neck. Lift it up when you have to, pull it down as soon as you can

Check for road closures before you head out. I-70 between Glenwood and Gypsum is closed due to wildfires; Independence pass is closed due to semis trying to go around.

WTFJohn

WKR

My spoon to stir the pot with......come on. Let’s play.

Our favorite people in CO are the tourists that come here and don't follow the rules set up to allow businesses to open. Skip the mask, start a campfire, drink and drive, screw that damn gubmint man! I mean, you can't get yourself sick, you can just walk away from that fire, and it's not like you can hit yourself if you're drinking and driving so what's the harm?

Go play with a moose.