Colorado dates change question

Idahogobbler

Lil-Rokslider
It looks like the foreseeable future took a dumb on archery hunters. With work schedule I probably can’t make it out there until after Labor Day. For those of you that has hunted muledeer in the 2nd week of September, have they timbered up? I know the muzzleloaders will be just starting up to and nervous on pressure of even finding a basin. We have two points so that’ll limit some but wanting to test the waters to see if it’s worth considering this year (or until 2026)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't wait because they also changed rifle seasons. This will result in a ton a great bucks being killed in 3rd and 4th rifle seasons during 2020/2021 and keep continuing because of season dates. I believe there will be an influx of big bucks die in the next two years and that was the goal of CPW. They believe decimating the big bucks will help with CWD. Quality bucks in 2026 might not be a thing.

So come out this year or next year but don't wait for 2026 in hopes that season dates will change for the better. Otherwise you might only see forkies.

That's just my opinion though.

ColoradoV

WKR
It is no secret that the reason for the change is the Colorado Bowhunters Ass did make a conscious decision to screw over and sacrifice deer hunters in favor of their extreme "elk only" agenda. This change pushed by only them will no doubt negatively effect the archery deer hunting.

To answer your question yes the deer head for the timber as soon as muzzy or in many cases rifle hunters start blasting 600-1000 yds across basins one day of that and the archery season is for all practical purposes over. With the crowding this will force on the high country (more season's shorter time frame) it will be hard to find a basin alone and with the shorter season many times archery hunters will be competing for the same bucks as muzzy and rifle hunters.. Thanks Colorado Bowhunters Association!!

The best part is that it will get worse as the years go on with some years archers will only have 4 days before this happens so yea not worth putting in the time it takes with only a 4 day season. It will get worse every year for the next 5 so if you have points I would use them sooner than later..

Sad that the Colorado Bowhunters Ass choose to sacrifice the deer for elk.