Colorado Deer Draw Back Door Is Open

Last edited:
OP
Umpqua Hunter
Here is what you are looking for at the bottom of the page after you log in. I only applied for a first choice, and have heard comments on other forums, that if you drew on a second or third choice it might not be showing up yet.

ScreenShot2012-05-12at101719AM.png

ckleeves

WKR
Never mind I just put in my wife's info and it pulled it right up. I must have drawn it shows a 0 for deer but with a 2010 draw year. I didn't think I would draw this year and my wife should have been drawn for sure. Ha ha At least I'm deer hunting again!!

umpqua,

I've always liked the high-country hunts the best. The weather, scenery and the fact you can scout the deer all summer are huge +'s. I'm primarily an archery hunter but didn't want to burn all my points on an archery tag. Had any luck in any other states?

OP
Umpqua Hunter
umpqua,

I've always liked the high-country hunts the best. The weather, scenery and the fact you can scout the deer all summer are huge +'s. I'm primarily an archery hunter but didn't want to burn all my points on an archery tag. Had any luck in any other states?

Blayne, that sounds great.

This has been a tough year so far for both my wife and I. No tags so far in AZ, WY, NM, CO. Still have a few draws to go though (UT, ID, NV and home state OR). I have a descent chance at elk in UT. I'm in the max pool for the San Juan early rifle tag, but there are 5 other hold outs for the one max point tag. If nothing else, we hope to get back to WY for a long antelope hunt, with the goal of finally taking a book buck. But if all else fails we will fish for 20-30 pound fall chinook salmon near home. :)

a3dhunter

WKR
well, according to draw stats everyone with a PP drew the deer unit I put in for, I had 1 PP and didn't draw if it's correct. I'm hoping something is wrong, but it now shows me with 2 deer PP.

ckleeves

WKR
The amount of points required to draw this year must have jumped pretty good in some units. Using last years odds, my wife had a 37% chance with 1 point and 100% with 2 points for the tag she applied for and she went into the draw this year with 2 and didn't draw.