Colorado Draw - Mountain Goat & Sheep 5/1

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Always. I swing for the Desert so never expect much but always look forward to it.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Well I drew an archery bighorn tag in 2007 and figured I would let the rest of you guys have your chance since I had mine from that day forward. I’ve drawn the fall musk ox tag in Alaska and a Utah Beaver mountain goat tag and a bunch of other great tags so bad odds don’t bother me too much. I use the old lure in the water approach...

OP
robie

robie

WKR
Ahh I remember following along with your thread. Amazing adventures.

I play all the games and have gotten lucky with a couple of sub 5% draw odds, but still seeking one of the tags with <1% draw odds.

I put in for the 4th season, and hope I don't draw really but seeing that I don't want to draw, I will most likely will. 4th can be feast or famine not sure what I was thinking. I guess long hair, but in reality by late Sept they look good.

Hoping for Moose more than anything.

PS...... Odds are odds. I've drawn 2 Ram tags and Goat tags in CO, it can happen.

RnnHntr

FNG
It looks like I will be hunting G6, the Eagles Nest Wilderness Area, where I hunted sheep last year. The hunting gods took pity on me from when I had a sheep tag and didn't see a sheep but could have shot a whole herd's worth of goats. I am very tempted to do this with my flintlock muzzleloader.

CoHiCntry

WKR
It looks like I will be hunting G6, the Eagles Nest Wilderness Area, where I hunted sheep last year. The hunting gods took pity on me from when I had a sheep tag and didn't see a sheep but could have shot a whole herd's worth of goats. I am very tempted to do this with my flintlock muzzleloader.

Doing it with your flintlock would be so cool! You could always bring both your rifle and muzzleloader then you'd have a backup if the smoke pole didn't work out.

privateer

FNG
wow, hope you have better luck this year!

That’s great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sykes

WKR

I put in for g6 also... Did not draw. Really thought I had a good chance at it