Colorado Draw Order

OP
burlap

burlap

FNG
I just received an email for my draw. I didn't receive an email for my wife, but both of our CPW accounts are updated with the deer draw information. Both bucks.

ericF

WKR
No email yet, but the website says I drew a deer tag. It would be nice if they said something like awarded rather than accepted when you draw and also change the color from gray like they do if you don't get a tag when they change it to orange.

Legitimate question, mine changed from "Entered" to "Accepted" but i haven't seen a card charge. what will my account say if i drew? I anticipated a green "Awarded" with confetti and balloons and shit.

Edit: instead of showing my choices it says "Awarded hunt code" but i don't want to get my hopes up

OP
burlap

burlap

FNG
Legitimate question, mine changed from "Entered" to "Accepted" but i haven't seen a card charge. what will my account say if i drew? I anticipated a green "Awarded" with confetti and balloons and shit.

Edit: instead of showing my choices it says "Awarded hunt code" but i don't want to get my hopes up
You should see around $400 charge from CPW, if you're a non-resident. Around $40 if you're a resident.

marktole

WKR

You drew. That’s what it says. If you go to “my orders” on your account page it should be green there, but not under the “my draws” option. That’s how mine is anyways.

OP
burlap

burlap

FNG
Nada on Elk for anyone?
No charges for elk, yet. They just officially made notifications for deer--it took them all of yesterday to this morning to get an email out and update the website. Elk or Antelope is next. Seems the fastest way to know if SOMETHING is happening is to watch your card for a charge.

If you havent seen your card charged make sure you have the right card on file in case it has expired but you should see a charge by now.

Last edited:

KHNC

WKR
I put in for PP's for deer. It says "not awarded" . Is that normal?

jm1607

WKR
If your card is expired do they just not select you or do you lose all your points?

Just curious

SonnyDay

WKR
i believe you have two weeks to make the payment once selected.
Yep. You have until June 19 at midnight MT to make the payment before stuff goes away (and into the secondary draw). You don't lose your historical points... but you would lose the current-year draw points if you don't pay for them before the 19th.

ericF

WKR
Yep. You have until June 19 at midnight MT to make the payment before stuff goes away (and into the secondary draw). You don't lose your historical points... but you would lose the current-year draw points if you don't pay for them before the 19th.

That sounds right for Preference points, but definitely not right for any non preference point you put in for. They specifically call this out on page 8 of the 2020 regulations. So no matter what, if you draw a tag then your are either out your money or your preference points.

NOTE: If we are unable to charge the credit card on file in your account and you fail to pay
for your license online, by phone or at a CPW office by the deadline, your license is surren
dered, and you lose both the license and any preference points you used to draw it