Colorado Draw Recap Report Anomalies

FYT

Lil-Rokslider
HAHA. Hey I am "the sucker" that had the 7 points. Funny it ended up on a thread! I was fully aware of the draw system and how it worked and knew I was wasting my points. Oh well, I wanted to hunt with my friends and one of them had 0 points (the other had 2 or 3) so we understood our group would have 0 points in the draw. My options with 7 points I felt were limited in the near future, especially with point creep. Plus, I felt those points were an albatross around my neck the past few years, preventing me from applying for other units because I didn't want to use up my points. I wish there was a way you could preserve your points and still put in for a unit as first choice but that is not an option.

HA! Sorry man, I wasn't trying to be a jerk, just making a tongue-in-cheek joke. As I wrote that, I thought, "I hope that guy isn't on this board..."

You spend your points however you want! Hope you have an awesome hunt with your friends!

fabes22

FNG
FYT-Thank you. No apologizes needed, I didn't take any offense to it. In fact, I got a good laugh that it ended up on here.

It motivated me to get off the sidelines and finally make a post! This will be my 9th elk hunt, 5th back country archery hunt in a row. I love how this site has humbled me by labeling me a "newbie." LOL.

ChrisAU

WKR
HAHA. Hey I am "the sucker" that had the 7 points. Funny it ended up on a thread! I was fully aware of the draw system and how it worked and knew I was wasting my points. Oh well, I wanted to hunt with my friends and one of them had 0 points (the other had 2 or 3) so we understood our group would have 0 points in the draw. My options with 7 points I felt were limited in the near future, especially with point creep. Plus, I felt those points were an albatross around my neck the past few years, preventing me from applying for other units because I didn't want to use up my points. I wish there was a way you could preserve your points and still put in for a unit as first choice but that is not an option.

Ole zero points better not shoot first! Haha

Reactions: FYT

Twiser13

FNG
I saw this unit cut tags this year. We attempted to draw as second choice with no luck obviously. Can anyone from the area chime in on why the tag reduction? Was the winter kill extreme?