Colorado Draw Recap Report Review

slimC

FNG
Was just taking a quick look at the CPW Draw Recap Report and noticed that in my home unit for a rifle cow tag multiple seasons that has traditionally taken 0-1PP as a resident to draw, there were multiple individuals burning a variety number of points for this tag. The points burned ranged from 4-11! 11 points for a cow tag! BTW the results also show around 50-70% of residents applied drew tags with 0-1PP..

For the 10-11PP guys I think they made a mistake and meant to apply for a bull instead of a cow. Let me know what you guys think..

PVHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Consensus in a few other threads is that some poor bastards made a mistake. I noticed a few head scratchers (e.g. burning 18 points for a unit that requires ... 0) here in the People's Republic last season. I'd feel better if it were a YOLO middle digit salute to point creep and crummy herd management in "premium" zones, but I know that's not the case.

OP
slimC

slimC

FNG
Consensus in a few other threads is that some poor bastards made a mistake. I noticed a few head scratchers (e.g. burning 18 points for a unit that requires ... 0) here in the People's Republic last season. I'd feel better if it were a YOLO middle digit salute to point creep and crummy herd management in "premium" zones, but I know that's not the case.
Yeah just makes no sense.. Seeing so many like 3-6PP burns for a cows tag that requires 0-1pp and in some cases is 2nd or 3rd choice as a resident. I understand if it was a YOLO point creep burn of points but for a COW TAG?! that takes 0PP?

Yep. Some eye popping things typically show up in that draw recap report every year. Usually a few outliers that have to be fat fingered data entry on the draw app or just plain getting in a hurry and putting the wrong hunt code in. Some folks may be throwing in the towel on the points game because "Hey I'm not getting any younger and I want to hunt with my son/grandson, etc."...that said 11 points for a cow ain't the way to do it.

OP
slimC

slimC

FNG
Yep. Some eye popping things typically show up in that draw recap report every year. Usually a few outliers that have to be fat fingered data entry on the draw app or just plain getting in a hurry and putting the wrong hunt code in. Some folks may be throwing in the towel on the points game because "Hey I'm not getting any younger and I want to hunt with my son/grandson, etc."...that said 11 points for a cow ain't the way to do it.
Yeah guess people are gonna do what they want to do...

CoStick

WKR
For a NR who doesn’t come every year and realize cows are easier might burn the points to just be done with the PP game and get an elk

OP
slimC

slimC

FNG
For a NR who doesn’t come every year and realize cows are easier might burn the points to just be done with the PP game and get an elk
All of the cases I saw were residents. While at the same time non residents were drawing as second choice or at 0 PP

A lower/mid point unit I applied for received a non resident application with 15+ points. Maybe they fat fingered their unit choice because that sure seems like a poor intentional decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cnelk

WKR
Keep looking and you’ll really wonder about people.

There are some stats that show people used A LOT of PPs on a 1st Chiice hunt code that went into the 2nd Choice.

I truly think some don’t know about the Draw Stats

Colorado doesn't make it easy, making you hunt down and type in a hunt code. I don't know why the preference points only isn't just a check box. They could do better.

GDP

FNG
A little late now if someone messed up but DOW has a new provision this year that if you filled out their form before yesterday, 6/6 at noon, you surrender the tag and get all your money, less the app fee, and all your points back. I think that's a nice touch on their part.

Little bit of creep in the unit we applied for and drew with 2pp. Pretty much 100% with 2pp last year, only about 60% this year. One of the other units we like takes 1 pp now, and used to be able to get it with 2nd choice(they did cut tags in half though)

I just can't believe all the people that apply for units they have no chance of drawing. Do they just like giving colorado $100 for no reason? Maybe taking a flyer? Several hundred people applying with 0 to 4 pp in a unit it takes 7 to draw (we drew with 5 a couple of years ago)

Crazy!

Ucsdryder

WKR
Keep looking and you’ll really wonder about people.

There are some stats that show people used A LOT of PPs on a 1st Chiice hunt code that went into the 2nd Choice.

I truly think some don’t know about the Draw Stats
Shhhh

And it’s not our job to edumacate them!

Ucsdryder

WKR
Little bit of creep in the unit we applied for and drew with 2pp. Pretty much 100% with 2pp last year, only about 60% this year. One of the other units we like takes 1 pp now, and used to be able to get it with 2nd choice(they did cut tags in half though)

I just can't believe all the people that apply for units they have no chance of drawing. Do they just like giving colorado $100 for no reason? Maybe taking a flyer? Several hundred people applying with 0 to 4 pp in a unit it takes 7 to draw (we drew with 5 a couple of years ago)

Crazy!
Put in for a unit that takes more points than you have is equivalent to putting in for a preference point. Maybe they figure, what the hell. In the end it isn’t wasting 100 dollars, it’s buying a point.