Colorado Draw Results posted May 3rd

Anybody have any experience in S21?
You got a killer tag.
If you really want to go guided, John Gardner in Durango. He has been a part of some big rams up there.
You don’t need to go guided, you will be fine as long as you put a lot of time in and scout thouroughly. It’s big, steep ass country. But, it gets hunted and there is better info out there than I can give.
Get some

I will be going on a unit 62 desert hunt. Not my tag. But talked him into applying last day and he called me tonight with the news.

I’m so pumped it’s crazy! Unbelievable tag to draw. Still hasn’t sunk in.

If anyone has any experience in that unit please shoot me a PM.

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
I will be going on a unit 62 desert hunt. Not my tag. But talked him into applying last day and he called me tonight with the news.

Congratulations on your Dads draw, hope someone can help you out.

RnnHntr

FNG
This is my first post here, and I found this site while doing a search for sheep hunting Colorado. I am one of the lucky ones who drew a tag; I drew the single tag for S-2. The unit has a small herd, reported at 40 sheep, but I do like the idea of being the only human hunter in the unit, unless someone with the Governor's tag decided to hunt it too.

OP
J

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
This is my first post here, and I found this site while doing a search for sheep hunting Colorado. I am one of the lucky ones who drew a tag; I drew the single tag for S-2. The unit has a small herd, reported at 40 sheep, but I do like the idea of being the only human hunter in the unit, unless someone with the Governor's tag decided to hunt it too.

Congrats on the tag! 40 sheep for anunit the size of S2 could be quite the hurdle to climb. There’s a post running around from earlier today with harvest GPS locations......probably wanna take a look at that for sure! Welcome to the forum.....your gonna find some seriously good info here when you start searching for your once in a lifetime hunt

Gadjet

Lil-Rokslider

I can relate to all of the excitement that comes with drawing a once in a lifetime desert tag! I killed a ram in S-62 back in 2005. I can give you some great starting points to start your search for a ram.

Ftguides

Lil-Rokslider

Just a heads up, there are two tags in that unit this year. One resident and one non-resident. DM if you want to chat about the unit. I know it well. Tricky unit with the low sheep pop. Beautiful country, fun hunt.

Congratulations on your Dads draw, hope someone can help you out.

Thanks! I’m sure you could tell my excitement on the phone the other day. Blabbing like a little school girl. Haha! Been casting my net far and wide. Hopefully hook up with some previous tag holders

RnnHntr

FNG
Just a heads up, there are two tags in that unit this year. One resident and one non-resident. DM if you want to chat about the unit. I know it well. Tricky unit with the low sheep pop. Beautiful country, fun hunt.
Hi FtGuides. I would appreciate chatting with you about the unit. How do I "DM" you?

RnnHntr

FNG
So I figured out that I have to have 10 posts to be able to message someone, so please be patient with me.

ericF

WKR
In case anybody was wondering, they have the Draw data out for Sheep and Goat which shows how the "no payment up front" of last year versus the $50/$100 fee this year affected the applicant pool going foward. We already saw that the applicant pool last year was basically doubled because of the changes, but it looks like that has now dropped to a 30-40% increase from 2017 to 2019. In addition, the desert bighorn sheep pool doubled last year and stayed similar this year since you didn't have to pay the $50/$100 fee for a preference point and only had to pay the application fee once you already bought your license for a separate draw. The non resident pool shows a similar % drop from last year.

I'll be interested to see if all those people sitting at 2 points after the draw continue to collect additional points after they hit their minimum of 3, or if most of them will stay down lower and only pay for a couple weighted points before sitting tight.

Bighorn Sheep ------ Total 1'st choice Applicants for Residents
2019 ------------------16,856
2018 ------------------ 23,637
2017 ------------------ 12,708

Desert Bighorn Sheep
2019 ------------------ 3,420
2018 ------------------ 3,697
2017 ------------------ 2,178

Mountain Goat
2019 ------------------ 12,879
2018 ------------------ 19,592
2017 ------------------ 9,156

ahlgringo

WKR
Thanks for the info- I was wondering how this year would turn out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MQQSE

FNG
I’m a little late on here but I finally drew a ram tag after almost 20 years. S20 nonresident for me. I feel fortunate to say the least.

OP
J

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
I’m a little late on here but I finally drew a ram tag after almost 20 years. S20 nonresident for me. I feel fortunate to say the least.

Congrats! Enjoy the hunt.....I’ll be here dreaming like I have for the better part of two decades!