Colorado Elk Either-Sex Question

edevans

FNG
I will consult the CPW tomorrow, but I was curious if anyone could answer my question here. I am looking at going on a colorado cow elk hunt in 2021. When I was going to apply today, I noticed that I could also apply for an either-sex tag. My first choice will be for a preference point for bull elk. And was planning on making my second choice for a cow elk hunt. But now I am considering either sex tag. Would making the preference point for my first choice and then making my second choice an either-sex tag be possible? Or have similar draw odds to the cow elk hunt on my second choice.

cnelk

WKR
You can apply for a PP first choice, an ES limited license second choice and you still have 2 more choices - 3 & 4.

You better do some research on the Stats to see what’s available on the second choice to make it worth while tho

Marble

WKR
Put the either sex #2 and the cow #3?

Where I hunt, so.e years I've bought a cow tag during the draw and the got a bull tag when I got there. Those are OTC units.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

MrBHSir

FNG
I will consult the CPW tomorrow, but I was curious if anyone could answer my question here. I am looking at going on a colorado cow elk hunt in 2021. When I was going to apply today, I noticed that I could also apply for an either-sex tag. My first choice will be for a preference point for bull elk. And was planning on making my second choice for a cow elk hunt. But now I am considering either sex tag. Would making the preference point for my first choice and then making my second choice an either-sex tag be possible? Or have similar draw odds to the cow elk hunt on my second choice.
It's getting harder and harder to draw tags in Colorado... Definitely look into the draw statistics to see the successful draw rates for a second choice in the unit. I'm finding less opportunity to get a successful second choice.