Colorado Elk Group Tag

Is there any published info about success rate of drawing an elk group tag in CO? We have a group of 3-4 guys going (one unsure). One guy has 2 points, the rest of us have 0 points in CO. Would if be worth applying as a group, or just all getting OTC tags?

cnelk

WKR
The biggest error people make when applying for a group in Colorado is that the CPW only recognizes the LOWEST Pref Point number of the group.

So, if one guy in your group has 0, and four other guys have 5, as a group you have ZERO.

Choose wisely

The biggest error people make when applying for a group in Colorado is that the CPW only recognizes the LOWEST Pref Point number of the group.

So, if one guy in your group has 0, and four other guys have 5, as a group you have ZERO.

Choose wisely
if by chance they do draw a tag that require say 1 preference point. Does Colorado take the 5 points if it was there 1st choice??

wakechase

FNG
Bringing this thread back because I cannot find what I’m looking for...

Is there a minimum number of people that has to be in the group to draw? It would be me and a buddy. I haven’t been able to find a clear answer but that doesn’t mean I’m overlooking something. Thanks

ckleeves

WKR
Bringing this thread back because I cannot find what I’m looking for...

Is there a minimum number of people that has to be in the group to draw? It would be me and a buddy. I haven’t been able to find a clear answer but that doesn’t mean I’m overlooking something. Thanks

The two of you can apply as a group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk