Colorado elk hunt info

J Curlee

FNG
Looking for info on private land access elk hunts in Colorado.
I've been to Colorado many times on DIY hunts, all unsuccessful.
I could go back to the same area, but I was always camped at better than 10,000 feet, which is becoming more of an issue the older I get.
Went on a horseback drop camp a couple of years ago, saw lot's of animals, which was a first, but the 4 1/2 hour horse ride in was way hard on my 64 year old knees.
I'd like to elk hunt as long as I can, but have come to the conclusion that I need to be on private land so the amount of hunters can be kept under control.

I've tried quite a few outfitters, but most are guided hunts, and to be honest cost prohibitive.
The other down side to guided hunts, is the time limit(I have none), and the fact that only one hunt that I have ever paid for was actually worth spending the money on, and that was the drop camp hunt where nobody killed an elk.
All the other paid for hunts I've been on have been a bust, a MAJOR bust!
I'm sure there are plenty of guide's out there that work hard for their money, so don't be offended, I just haven't found one yet.

I have no problem paying an access fee to hunt on private land, but I'd like to do the hunt on my own terms.
Fishing would be a bonus, we are retired now, and the wife would like to go along.
Time is a luxury we now have, but my body isn't gettin any better, just worse.

Don't get me wrong I'm not looking for your private spot, just a place/ranch where I can see animals, the rest is up to me.

Thanks
Jim