Colorado Elk Hunt Outfitter

Dianne

FNG
I am hoping to surprise my husband with an Elk Hunt. It is on his bucket list! I am in need of some recommendations for an outfitter in Colorado who works with disabled adults, as my husband has Parkinson's. He can walk, but it is getting rough for him, so I'm hoping to get a trip planned for him this fall, before it's too late for him. A friend of his has agreed to go with him, so he won't be alone. So, any thoughts on who I should contact?
Thanks!

Contact Kirk Hellander of Hellander Outfitting in Craig, CO. I've hunted with Kirk twice and I know he has taken people with issues. He has a lot of different options, including stands you can drive to. 970-620-0776

phil1841

FNG
Diane - thank you for doing this for your husband. I think it is great you are working to find a way for him to make an elk hunt. I hope you have found some good leads including the one from TNK above and wanted to add one more idea. I've hunted deer twice with an outfitter in the northwest corner of South Dakota - and even though they do not have elk I recommend you talk with them. The operation is Routier Outfitting and is run by two brothers - one of which has been confined to a wheelchair for some time. I know they have done hunts as a family with him and may very likely be able to direct you to some operations who would be good options. Routier Outfitting is very much a family operation and all of them are great people. Don't know if they have Colorado contacts, but it is worth a call.

Rocky and Sparky with Nine Mile Guest Ranch are a great outfit and wonderful people. They have some relatively easy terrain as well as plenty of stands and ground blinds to hunt out of. I hunted with them last season and there were elk all over there land. He stays pretty booked up from repeat business but give them a call because they also have a Ranching for Wildlife program that they might be able to work something out for you. Good luck!

mooster

WKR
Contact Kirk Hellander of Hellander Outfitting in Craig, CO. I've hunted with Kirk twice and I know he has taken people with issues. He has a lot of different options, including stands you can drive to. 970-620-0776
did you Elk hunt with them? Mind me asking for a review. Wouldn’t mind PM or calling you if don’t mind.

I'm looking for an area with lots of Elk, not just trophy Elk. Any recommendations?
I'd rather see Elk every day, than be picky choosy.