Colorado elk hunt ??

OP
H
oh preferrably not high fence..... even better if they would pay me to depopulate as i am a democrat !!!

Gerbdog

WKR
Pure gold..... There is a place i've passed by , a farm, they raise elk and will sell you the meat (hell probably the whole thing) let me see if i can dig it up... it's on my way to Wolf Creek so... gotta be along that road somewhere....

welcome to the forums........

OP
H
now your talkin.... once in a blue moon a moose comes thru easter s dakota where i live..... heck the fine would be lots cheaper than the hunt!!!...but ive been beaten into submission of being a law abiding citizen....wrong county big bucks stand 100 yards broadside !!!lol

The_Yetti

Lil-Rokslider
Someone has been lying to you, There are no elk in Colorado! They all went to Oklahoma!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've had a few really nice bulls come right through my truck camp in one particular unit. Mostly at night, but also during the day as well. I spent one morning chasing this bull around about 1/4-1/2 mile from camp until about 1030. He finally shut up and I went back to camp. I put my bow in the truck and slammed the door. The put my pack inside my wall tent and heard a sound outside. I walked behind the tent and there's this 6x6 bull I was chasing around all morning 30 yards behind my tent raking a tree. I ran to the truck and grabbed my bow and release and headed below camp to get a better angle on him. Never saw the cows that were with him and they all busted out of the trees when I moved in. Good stuff. Great memories.

I heard the elk gather at the Wal-Mart in Pagosa Springs. They usually can be found at the SW corner of the parking lot about an hour after the store closes. They will be there tomorrow. (They don't close, and tomorrow never comes). Welcome to the forum Hydropillar !!!
What unit can i go to and have a big bull elk walk into camp that i can just load in the pickup??? im a crippled old man trying to get my 10 posts !!!!

Ucsdryder

WKR
Last year 3 bulls kept me up most of the night bugling. It’s hard to sleep when you hear them. my mind was racing for a couple hours about the next morning!!!

NCtrapper

FNG
Last year 3 bulls kept me up most of the night bugling. It’s hard to sleep when you hear them. my mind was racing for a couple hours about the next morning!!!
Had this happen while archery hunting, in your opinion how far from the spot you heard them will they be in the morning. ( I understand a lot goes into that and they can be 0.25 or 3 miles from there) Just looking for your thoughts.

I gotta cousin who shot a bull uphill from the road around Dubois.. Gave it a kick and landed right in the truck box.