Colorado Elk is hitting CC

Good news. Drew my elk tag on a second choice with first choice being preference point which was not awarded. Anyone in the same boat or does it take a day for points to register in this situation? Maybe I’m mistaken, but I thought pp as first choice and tag as second you’d still be awarded your pp.
I drew for a cow tag on a second choice and got a point also. Unfortunately it looks like I'm not going to be able to make it so I'll be turning my tag in.

Elk101

FNG
I cashed in two points for unit 12 archery and drew the tag, Ive been hunting the last 3 years in OTC units. Really dont know what to expect, going out in early august to scout for a few days. Driving back out for archery season and plan on staying as long as it takes, if someone out there wants to throw me a bone on some info in 12/24 Id really appreciate it..
Hey Kevin - I will be in Unit 12 September 12-19. I hunted there 1st rifle in 2013, so am familiar with the area. I would be willing to compare notes and perhaps exchange contact info for help on a packout or other assistance.

Ken