Colorado Elk Reports

Sherman

WKR
Due to a few medical issues I will not be able to go with the guys on the archery hunt this year. If I get my blood pressure under control and off these meds I will be back at it next year.

I would love to hear what you guys are seeing/hearing out there. Are they in the rut? Are they staying high? Are the creeks/drainages dry?

I will also report what my hunting buddies report back to me. We typically do Labor Day weekend and then the last week of September.

DO NOT include specific units or locations, not looking for that, just a general feel of what’s going on throughout the state.

Post your camp pics, your grip & grins, awesome views, whatever you want. I will be most grateful.

Jbenson

Lil-Rokslider
Holy crap that just gave me deja vu. Looks exactly like an we hunted a few years ago...we had a camera on (looked like) the 2 smaller trees with the opening between in the top left corner. We even called it the "bull bedroom" 🤣 Is this in Colorado?

wooduckman

Lil-Rokslider
Was in north central Colorado last week and didn’t glass anything above tree line. Made my way into a blowdown hell hole around 10k and there was sign everywhere. Heard one puny bugle.

Had a good opening day. Had 3 bulls. I drew on one but got busted by a cow in the middle of my draw. Lots of bugles but it shut down around 7:30. The heat killed it and nothing in the evening. Awesome day.

Speck1

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty quiet north of Durango. It was chilly this morning at 10k. Heard one faint bugle that sounded like a hunter. Been within 40 yards of two spikes and a 3x3. No legal bulls yet. Super windy today.

Poser

WKR
SW CO between silverton and Creede:

0 daytime bugles. Light to moderate at Sunset.
Lots of bugling all night. Light bugles at daybreak. Very little daytime movement.

OP
Sherman

Sherman

WKR
Got this report from my buddies west of Kremling....

“Elk all over. Not active during the day at all. Bugles kept us up all night. Saw a group of young bulls called at them and they walked the other way. This weather sucks”