Colorado elk unit 67

Roper_25

FNG
I am just wondering if anyone has any input on this unit and has hunted it for elk first rifle, I am new to Colorado still but I will go out and scout. Not really looking for any top secret spots or anything like that.

Last edited:

Thomas11

WKR
I had a second season tag last yr. Didn’t see an elk in 10 days and we hunted hard In lots of diff places. Im not there were any in the entire unit cause we covered a lot of country. IDK where they went honestly

OP
R

Roper_25

FNG
No it was a good bit of snow up high by second season
ok. Well I am just wondering how to hunt was. a lot of elk? not a lot? too many people? I plan on hunting the wilderness if I draw the tag since I have horses.

OP
R

Roper_25

FNG
Accurate though. Had to look since you responded. You’ve done nothing here but beg for unit info and use the classifieds.
You appear to be the only one who cares about where someone spends their time on this forum, must be nice to have the time to stalk fellow forum members during your day.

WKR
Keep in mind the info posted here can negatively impact this unit for as long as it exists. Mods please delete this thread!
Sometimes I think guys must be posting questions about units they're not interested in an attempt to redirect pressure from where they're actually planning to go. Who in their right mind would do enough research to decide on a unit and then advertise their intentions to hunt it on a public forum?

Who in their right mind would do enough research to decide on a unit and then advertise their intentions to hunt it on a public forum?
My favorite is when guys post about the unit they intend on hunting, then later on that year post a success photo on the Elk photo/meat pole thread or on the HT let's see 'em thread. You can search through guys' old posts and I can't tell you the number of times they've unintentionally told us the unit they shot their nice 6 point in.

sndmn11

WKR
My favorite is when guys post about the unit they intend on hunting, then later on that year post a success photo on the Elk photo/meat pole thread or on the HT let's see 'em thread. You can search through guys' old posts and I can't tell you the number of times they've unintentionally told us the unit they shot their nice 6 point in.
Or they come back and give a 'hunt report" while piping in about the unit anytime they have a willing ear. There's one guy on here from Texas...

Thomas11

WKR
I understand some of this about not getting too specific. Just send a PM if it’s about a specific area etc. but I can’t imagine deciding to apply for a unit based on what someone said on a forum? Do we really feel this influences more ppl to apply? I guess maybe if some dude posts a 350 bull in X unit I could see that. But generally discussing a unit I don’t see that influencing ppl to apply maybe I’m wrong

JLeMieux

Lil-Rokslider
You can pick most LE units in Co and do a search to find information on forums like this one. When someone does that and sifts through a bunch of threads/posts about the same unit, they are usually able to draw some conclusions. That then influences whether they decide to put in for that unit. The more a unit number gets commented on favorably, the more people are likely to put in for that unit. This then amplifies point creep. There seem to be many examples (from what I have read) of units that were featured in an article or video that have a significant increase in creep soon after. I have found that there is usually enough searchable information to help your decision making and at a minimum give you some different folks to contact privately. People can be very helpful, within reason, when contacted privately.