Colorado Fire info

Mattt

Lil-Rokslider
70 closed at exit 116 Glenwood, we had to get down last nite. It’s moving pretty good. Jumped the river and headed south about midday yesterday. Headed there now so will update if I get a chance

11boo

WKR
Like he said, check inciweb. The big one is pine gulch. For now. I have never seen the humidity this low and the high temps combine to turn the west slope into a pile of tinder. Driving up the mountain a couple days ago, there were a lot of spots along the highway that had burned and gotten put out quickly.

I’m not afraid to tell you guys I once started a small grass fire with my truck exhaust. Got the truck moved and fire out, but it could have gone bad in a heartbeat. A shovel is always good to have handy, as is a fire extinguisher.

Please be careful out here.

Phaseolus

WKR
Here’s Pine Gulch blowing up from my backyard today

Attachments

• A78C8506-BDF7-4F0C-ACEB-C19603F9DCB5.jpeg
    A78C8506-BDF7-4F0C-ACEB-C19603F9DCB5.jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 96

street

WKR
CO needs it tbh. Deadwood is everywhere, blowdown, beetle, etc.

This is what happens when liberal states reject harvesting operations and historically suppress fires... You end up with a tinderbox that is one lighting strike away from burning the west half of the state. Nature will run its course sooner or later, and it won't be good for some folks.

WTFJohn

WKR
Grizzly Creek is 6,200+ acres now, see pic #1 for the perimeter of that fire.

Pine Gulch is 68,000+ acres now, see pic #2 for the perimeter of that fire.

These updates and maps are to show how fast these fires can grow and the scale of their impact on the landscape to folks coming out west for the season & to remind everyone to check fire bans before heading into the elk woods.

2020_08_13-11.07.54.097-CDT.jpeg

2020_08_13-11.27.56.362-CDT.jpeg

WTFJohn

WKR
We are in Dillon hanging out for a few days and the smoke has really ramped up here today.

v37co

FNG
There are evacuation orders for Bair ranch, coffee pot and sweet water. Super Smokey to the east of the canyon. Stay safe all

As of this morning, the Cameron Peak Fire was still listed at 0% contained and mandatory evacuations are in place to the North. The Poudre Canyon and Red Feather Lakes Road are both either closed or closed to all but local traffic only.

Game Management Units 6, 7, 8, , 18, 19, 20, 171 all sort of converge (plus or minus) at Chambers Lake, where the fire started. If anyone in the area needs help evacuating, especially livestock, let me know. I can get a few trucks together to help.

We came up to steamboat yesterday afternoon and the smoke at silverthorne was pretty thick and was only getting worse as you went west in i70. It did clear up as we went north towards steamboat but you can still see the smoke. It’s really dry everywhere. We went up the poudre canyon a month ago and drove out through deadman’s road, and I am imagining a fire in there. Not good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The smoke down here in the city has been increasing all week. Just a hint of smoke in the air on Sunday to hazy and strong smoke scent today. The sunrise this morning was red.