Colorado Fires are a BITCH

M-Wig

Lil-Rokslider
Buddy and I have an archery mule deer tag in the same units. I called earlier this week and was told they are still deciding what to do about the situation. The lady was very nice so I didn't say I have to leave in 10 days to head that direction and I'm running out of time. She did mention on hunts with multiple units they are less likely to offer a refund.

Like you, all our planned spots are now shut down due to the fire. I've heard of some guys trading their elk tags for otc units. Unfortunately can't do that with mule deer.

sndmn11

WKR
They are doing the 15 days prior to season monitary and points refund for Covid, since it's a ML tag....."I need to turn this in because I am not comfortable with the number of cases in X county."

ColoHtr

FNG
1598017045767.png

One potential reference point as you think about back-up areas, here's the most recent Colorado drought monitor. I'd try to steer away from the red ("extreme drought") where and when possible.

OP
Huntin_GI

Huntin_GI

WKR
They are doing the 15 days prior to season monitary and points refund for Covid, since it's a ML tag....."I need to turn this in because I am not comfortable with the number of cases in X county."

Thought about it but it requires a physicians note.

sndmn11

WKR
Thought about it but it requires a physicians note.

Interesting, I only see it saying Covid-19 related.
Screenshot_20200821-101559.png

OP
Huntin_GI

Huntin_GI

WKR
Interesting, I only see it saying Covid-19 related.
View attachment 208618
If you click their link it talks about the physician more.

Yes, I believe the physicians note is for a regular refund due to extreme medical condition. I have seen nothing about physician related to the 15 day Covid issue

Just check both points restoration and refund and under reasons write COVID-19. If you live in Colorado I would go in personally and get it done. Sending a refund through the mail would have to go through and be processed before you could attempt to purchase any other license. That could take a while

Last edited:

sndmn11

WKR
Yes, I believe the physicians note is for a regular refund due to extreme medical condition. I have seen nothing about physician related to the 15 day Covid issue

Just check both points restoration and refund and under reasons write COVID-19. If you live in Colorado I would go in personally and get it done. Sending a refund through the mail would have to go through and be processed before you could attempt to purchase any other license. That could take a while
Bingo

Teedubb

FNG
I have archery tags for these units (Deer/elk) and it’s going to make things extremely hard. All the spots I’ve scouted I can no longer hunt. Just gonna stay positive and make due with the areas that are still accessible.

chaza402

FNG
Everybody needs to get out and do some rain dancing! doesn’t matter if you have a tag in one of the burning units or not, the whole state seems to be suffering heavily from the smoke. Pray for rain so these things get the hell out of dodge before archery season starts in 12 days!

OP
Huntin_GI

Huntin_GI

WKR
I have archery tags for these units (Deer/elk) and it’s going to make things extremely hard. All the spots I’ve scouted I can no longer hunt. Just gonna stay positive and make due with the areas that are still accessible.

Man, that's a bold move. These units issue almost 2000 tags. If 80% of the possible hunt areas are closed, its gonna look like Black Friday at Walmart. That being said, I found animals in the areas that are now closed. problem is the fire isn't big enough to push the animals out of those zones so they are just gonna be chilling waiting on the weather to push them out of summer range into winter range that does have some hunt able area

WKR

I sent in my tag for a refund on the 13th and and it was processed on the 18th on my account. Got the refund yesterday. Quicker then I expected.