Colorado - Glassing or Timber Calling Stalking

Going back to CO again in about 15 days. Going to be hunting in dark timber again, at least starting out that way. Learned a lot last time and started getting on some good fresh sign and got close to some elk but never could get a shot.

I think I would really enjoy glassing for elk. The area I will be in doesn’t show/give many opportunities at all for glassing.

Would you rather glass for elk then make a move or just start out walking right into timber and calling/locating?

You are less likely to blow them out while glassing. But you've got to do what makes sense for where and what you are hunting. Sometimes there's no viable option other than going in (being mindful of wind and movement).

OP
H
Anyone have some input on what units are typically considered a little more suited for glassing? No honey holes haha, just a unit or two.

Poser

WKR
I spend hours glassing all summer long and observe lots of animals, but in the area I hunt, in order to glass an elk, you are usually going to be across a drainage and a minimum of a 4 hour hike away, sometimes 6-8 hours. That doesn’t translate well to hunting, so I use that glassing knowledge to get in after them when the time comes.