Colorado GMU 18 for bear?

Has anyone here spent much time hunting for bear in Unit 18? I know it’s not usually high on folks list to hunt bear during the elk rut, but it looks like I’ll be spending a bunch of time in this unit over the next few years and I’d love to try and get one with a stick bow. Any input or feedback is appreciated as always.

Moving to the area? I've run into bear on both sides of the unit. DM me if you want sounding board. We have a cabin in GL and I'm up there a ton year round (fishing, hunting, ice fishing, etc)

OP
trouthunter1106
Moving to the area? I've run into bear on both sides of the unit. DM me if you want sounding board. We have a cabin in GL and I'm up there a ton year round (fishing, hunting, ice fishing, etc)

My folks just bought a place up the hill from the Roadhouse. We'll be up there a whole bunch doing all the same things and just trying to get a bead on the area without asking for hard earned honey holes.

Roadhouse has a good burger. We know to owner and about 1/2 the town. My folks and sister (separetly) used to live there full time. We still have the cabin and are up there bit. Great recreation area, but also heavily hunted. Spring and winter fishing are my favorite up there too.

OP
trouthunter1106
I was curious about the hunting pressure. proximity to denver seems like it would see a lot of folks, but it also sounds like the deadfall scares a lot of people off.