Colorado GMU 24 Archery: weather & clothing layers

I was looking for some perspectives from anyone thats been to CO unit 24 in the flat tops area during September. Would love to hear about what kind of weather & temperature conditions you encountered, how the temperatures in the high country compared to the weather reports for the surrounding towns, or anything else i havent thought of.

Also would love to hear about your clothing system you used. We plan to be there during the first half of September. I was thinking of just bringing two light merino layers (150 & 250), a fleece, a puffy layer (vest & pants), and a rain layer. Torn on whether or not the fleece will be enough of an outer layer this time of year, or if a softshell is worth packing too. Planning on a backpack camp so would love to keep it as simple and light as possible.

Thanks!

bowhuntrben

Lil-Rokslider
The one time I’ve been there what you’re proposing worked for me. I spent most of my time hiking. It was pretty chilly at night and extremes of day (puddles were frozen in mornings) but nice the rest of the day. That said, weather can be different from year to year and your method of hunting could dictate something different. I never looked at weather reports to compare.