Colorado GMU 53 Bear tag

My Sons and I have Rifle bear tags for Unit 53 in colorado, for early september. we will be camping in the mosley ridge area, any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Find the food, find the bears, should be acorns and berries. Oak brush can be super tough to glass into but get up high and look into it if you can. Hope you tag a couple of fawn eaters, definitely need to thin the co bear population! Good luck

Good luck BigRob! I hope you and your boys fill your tags! I will be there as well early September for an archery bear hunt.

11bar

FNG
I will be in there 16th with two buddies. I was wondering what kind of success you all have had in the past or is it more or less a good camping unit.

OP
BigRob1776
@BigRob1776 easiest way to get on top of mosley is to walk out little robinson creek until it cuts back up. It will be steep where it cuts back but once on top it is pretty flat and you can glass back over to beckwith bench. There is a couple of springs up on top as well that are not on any mapping devices so you dont have to drop down to get water.
awesome, yeah i see that on onX, i was actually able to rent the house below Mosley ridge, the wilderness cabin, so i will have it a week while there, should be a good jumping off point to the wilderness.

OP
BigRob1776
Just leave some "trash" outside and have all kinds of bears. Might want to bring a shotgun and get a turkey tag...
LOL, i have family staying in the cabin, i will proboly use it to acclamate to the elevation, as we are from near sea level, then the 2nd week were headed as far back in as we can go once the family leaves, the moon phases show the 2nd week to be much better.