Colorado GMU 65 fire

SeanDC

Lil-Rokslider
My brother and I were just out in that area Tuesday. I was surprised how many bonfires I saw at camps around the GMU with how dry it has been.

Hope they get it under control soon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It's not huge yet and we have a little weather coming that may help. County rd 12 and 10 are closed as far as I know. I could see the flames from my driveway last night. Kinda freaky, even though it's a long ways off.

OP
P

Pre1032

FNG
My brother and I were just out in that area Tuesday. I was surprised how many bonfires I saw at camps around the GMU with how dry it has been.

Hope they get it under control soon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Glad you guys are back safe. My buddy and I are heading there tomorrow. Not sure what the strategy will be now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

tbowers

Lil-Rokslider
i was out there yesterday, saw all the smoke as we were driving out. We saw guys camping that had huge fires rolling, so stupid given everything was dried to a crisp!! Guys hunting that area second season are going to have some problems now

cnelk

WKR
It’s really not that stupid to have fires. If there aren’t any fire restrictions in place, the Forest Service is actually WANTING fires.

I talked to the FS this fall while watching a small forest fire. He stated the FS is trying to get more timber burning in October because it’s easy to control.
The most difficult part of doing that he said is getting the CPW and hunters to go along with it.

tbowers

Lil-Rokslider
From what i was told by multiple folks, there was a full ban on fires there