Colorado GMU 81 Bear

So I haven't been to Colorado since 2018. Last time I went was in 2018, and I found some pretty cool spots and saw some elk. This year, as most know I'm sure it's a draw unit. My brother put in for a muzzleloader elk tag and I put in for an either sex archery elk tag. But I figured since I was applying, I'd put in for a rifle black bear tag too since the early bear rifle season coincides with the archery elk season....and I'd rather shoot a bear with a rifle than a bow and hopefully decrease my chances of a violent death.:ROFLMAO:

Anyways, I know NOTHING about bear hunting and most of the stuff I find online is more for hunting over/with bait. On the off chance I don't draw and elk tag, and do draw a bear tag, what is some good bear hunting advice for you guys that have done it? Bear hunting advice in this particular area is even better. I don't need spots because we already know where we're going. Thanks!!

swampokie

WKR
Not a lot of low country in ur unit so I’d stick to hi aspen meadows and parks between dark timber and aspens. U must have a subpar acorn crop for this strategy to get u into good bear #s tho. There is always a few grazers that stay high with you he elk tho. Look at the state wildlife area lake east of Platoro. I’ve seen em there. Good luck