Colorado...? Grand Juntion and Craig?

sneek-ee

WKR
Opportunity to transfer with work to either Grand Junction or Craig and move up in the company....
I'm curious about cost of living in these areas?
Also, public land access? They good towns to be in or around? Raise a family in?
Hunting opportunities every year for tags?
I'm leaning towards Grand Junction, but just would like some input from people who are from there or know the area.

Thanks!!

I have family just outside Grand Junction (Parachute) and near Craig (Steamboat). From what i've seen after visiting both, i'd opt for Grand Junction and that's going on what i've seen in appearance and what the town has to offer. Course i live in a town of 2400 in the California foothills, so take my opinion for what it's worth- not much.

I lived in Craig for 2 years it was "okay" and now live 70 miles east of G.J.
No comparison, move to G.J., thousand more things to do for your family and just as many hunting ops

Craig, small town. Closer to hunting. Colder in winter. GJ, bigger city. Farther from Hunting. Better for kids to meet other kids. Hotter than Hell in the summer. I always went to the Grand Mesa to escape the heat. Good luck.

Sawfish

Lil-Rokslider
My Wife has some family in Grand Junction. Nice little town. Has most of what you need, and not too terribly far from Denver for those hard to find items. Centrally located for Mulies, Elk, and close enough for an occasional run to Wyoming for antelope.

KMT

WKR
I have lived in Grand Junction but only driven through Craig. If things like restaurants, movie theaters, mountain biking, and access to shopping (REI, walmart, target, etc.) are important to you and your family, Grand Junction is your place.