colorado group hunt

Zcarlon

FNG
This is our first year applying in Colorado for elk as a group. Our "group leader" applied and gave me the group number. After entering the group number it found the group and came to the point where I suppose to enter my 4 choices, but they all show blank. I was assuming it would already be filled with what he picked. Do I have to pick the same choices? do they have to be in the same order? Thanks!

ChrisAU

WKR
No it doesn't have to be the same. That way say two guys could put in where 1 guy wanted a bull tag and 1 guy wanted a cow tag, but if either didn't draw then neither would, making the go/no-go decision for the group, just as an example.

OP
Z

Zcarlon

FNG
Thanks for the reply. So the group leader put in for a muzzleloader hunt, then archery, then first rifle. I didn't know if I put archery first instead of muzzleloader if it would lower our chances of getting drawn.

There are definitely cons to applying as a group. If one person messes up, no tags for anyone. If your group gets drawn and there are not enough licenses for every member, no tags for anyone.

Those are the two biggest.

ChrisAU

WKR
Apologies, I assumed a group would be applying for the same season. I should know better than to generalize.