Colorado high country

TravisIN

WKR
I feel like this has to be a troll post. . I rarely come to the animal sections bc it’s either these or people bickering about what states should do with tag allocations. Rokslide is bad ass place for gear info and the classifieds are awesome. There are a lot of great people on here too in my opinion. But not exactly a boat load of info on actually hunting haha. We all play it pretty close to the chest when we find a place or something that works. Rightfully so. I found me a honey hole for elk( honey hole by my standards is probably sad to most ) and I’m trying to keep it as hush hush as possible haha I worked to hard to find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titan_Bow

WKR
I’d much rather see the granola urban hikers bumper stickers at the trail head, because you know those people are not likely to venture far off trail. It’s the Mountain Ops, BHA, Kuiu, Kifaru bumper stickers that I worry about! 10 years ago, very few people were going deep and/or steep. But now, everyone is a “wilderness athlete” so the idea of outhiking anyone isn’t going to happen.

I disagree! From my experience, most of the people I see with those stupid stickers on their car tend to be the kind of folks that hang out at craft breweries, their favorite dispensary, or REI.

Even if those people do make it to a trailhead, you won’t find them too far from the parking lot because they find it more fun to hang out in the parking lot and chug PBRs.

I do agree with you about their dogs, though. And, their dogs are almost always named after some regional place or their favorite brand (Aspen, Sage, Oakley, etc.).
And they always have a bandana around their neck. LOL

I’d much rather see the granola urban hikers bumper stickers at the trail head, because you know those people are not likely to venture far off trail. It’s the Mountain Ops, BHA, Kuiu, Kifaru bumper stickers that I worry about! 10 years ago, very few people were going deep and/or steep. But now, everyone is a “wilderness athlete” so the idea of outhiking anyone isn’t going to happen.

These days, it's just as effective if not more effective to hunt close to roads. As cnelk says... "go deep Rocksliders. Go deep." :D

Outdoorjoe318

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah not to just pile on, but saying you will outhike people is not exactly unique. Colorado doesnt have any wilderness areas that are large enough that you can hike for two or three days and get anywhere that some wilderness trail runner won't come up on you, and similarly other hunters are just as likely to be 7 miles back the trail as they are 2 miles.

tjihrig

FNG
Spot on. Other similar bumper stickers to watch out for are "Mountains, Please." Or "Explore More, Worry Less".

You'll never go deeper or outlast these people and their untrained high energy dogs.

Lol... no truer words have ever been said.

el_jefe_pescado

Lil-Rokslider
e2edf25b08700579753714d2d0c650aa.jpg

...XXX-treme hi country bux...

Ike

FNG
I disagree! From my experience, most of the people I see with those stupid stickers on their car tend to be the kind of folks that hang out at craft breweries, their favorite dispensary, or REI.

Even if those people do make it to a trailhead, you won’t find them too far from the parking lot because they find it more fun to hang out in the parking lot and chug PBRs.

I do agree with you about their dogs, though. And, their dogs are almost always named after some regional place or their favorite brand (Aspen, Sage, Oakley, etc.).
This has been my experience as well although I feel somewhat attacked. I’m pretty good at crushing Busch Lattes in camp.