Colorado High County Archery Units w/ 1 point

Something to think about is that archery deer hunters in Colorado got screwed over in a royal way so that elk hunters could move the season back a week... This change will start next year.

Or starting in 2020 the archery deer season will start a week or more later than it has in the past this will in some cases and years give archers only 4 days before 300 win mags are chucking 1000 yd shots at the same deer archers are hunting. Needless to say once the high power rifles start ripping the deer head for cover and dont come out.

Are you talking specifically about the early season high country rifle hunts competing with high country archery units?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColoradoV

WKR
Fair to say after the high country rifle hunts start that it gets a lot harder for archers who have not filled their tags. It is pretty much a unwritten rule that you either get it done before the muzzy/rifle hunts start or it will be tag soup..

Over the past 15 or so years archery started on aug 25-28 for the most part. Now the date is sept 2nd. That first 5-6 days is when most archery guys have their best shot at a buck and in Colorado the special interests pushed the season back. This was done to appease the elk hunters (cba) that perceive the early season as not conductive to hunting elk.

So I was not singling out rifle as it has been in the past the dates were far enough apart for everyone to have a reasonable chance at a basin w less pressure. With the way all the seasons are slammed in together now it gets so tight that it will no doubt have more people hunting the same deer at the same time.

ba70139283aaaed6f7865e39c483deb6.jpg

My high country 1-point unit CO archery buck. Day 7 of a solo backcountry hunt.

He’s awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk