Colorado Hunting!

Mike76

FNG
Gentleman
Mule Deer Hunting Colorado.
Has any one or can any one give any Information hunting mulies in Unit 15 CO.
Its a first for me as we usually hunt across the CO river from 15 and the hunting pressure is extreme to say the least.
Back a few years the pressure was way down and the hunts were great with some very nice bucks being killed.
The last couple years not only with the Rut not kicking in but the lack for what ever reason was way down and my family never shot a buck.
Sure we could of shot some smaller bucks, But our way of thinking if we keep killing all these smaller bucks were never going to get to those mature bucks we would all love to kill.
So please any info would be well appreciated.. Thanks so much Hunter 73

Attachments

• 166096_1595991656745_5841454_n[1].jpg
    166096_1595991656745_5841454_n[1].jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 41

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Man good luck. Your choice to jump straight into looking for unit information as a first post can make for a frustrating first impression. I'll move this to mule deer section.
Please take a moment and read the instructions on placing a thread in the correct forum. Thank you

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Ucsdryder

WKR
Seems like it’s starting early this year. Usually we don’t get these until the summer. I guess it’s never too early to ask for a honey hole! Just take a look at the number of tags in 15. I don’t think you’ll have the mountain to yourself.

OP
Mike76

Mike76

FNG
realunlucky
So sorry for entering my post in the wrong category.. I will make sure on further post that they are posted in the correct placing.. Thank you again for correcting my stupidity... Hunter73
Seems like it’s starting early this year. Usually we don’t get these until the summer. I guess it’s never too early to ask for a honey hole! Just take a look at the number of tags in 15. I don’t think you’ll have the mountain to yourself.
Ucsdryder
Thank You for the come back. Well sir we apply in March and Deadline is April 6th.
So Sir! Im reaching out and hoping to get any advise of anyone whom might have hunted the Unit and any info from there might be helpful.
I have studied the unit Stats, like many are pretty good.
Knowing across the river where I am very Familiar with has kicked out some very nice bucks in the 180's and up. We all can contest in today's world a 180 in buck is nothing to sneeze about even though we are hunting for much larger bucks.
The hunters are getting extreme as mentioned. Wishing we could get back to the years when tag numbers were lower and bucks were much more plentiful and had some great horn groth to go along with it.
I hope I'm wrong and it doesn't go to where the States are just looking at the all mighty dollar.
Any insight on unit 15 CO would be well appreciated. Thank You Again Gentleman! Hunter73

Attachments

• colorado 2112-19.jpg
    colorado 2112-19.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 29