Colorado left-over licenses tips

Billinsd

WKR
Yes, if you are a member of Gohunt, or another hunt consulting company, go back and look at their recommendations on what to apply for and look for those hunts on the list. That's what I did.
FYI
Bill

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I think if you are really serious, Josh has the right plan. I have several friends that last year picked up tags by being in line 24+ hours before hand. The CO system will likely crash or at least slow down enough that it limits anyone online from the best tags.

Good luck everyone

I think if you are really serious, Josh has the right plan. I have several friends that last year picked up tags by being in line 24+ hours before hand. The CO system will likely crash or at least slow down enough that it limits anyone online from the best tags.

Good luck everyone
More power to them! My happiness doesn't depend on pulling the perfect tag. I have a list of 7 hunt codes lined up and would be just as happy with any of them but of course would love to have my top priority. But I'm not going to get all wound up if I go through all seven and don't get a tag. I'll just switch gears and grab something else. Worst case scenario I end up OTC which is still great.

I figured out a long time ago that the best way to ruin a hunt is to be unhappy from the beginning. There's always something to complain about if you want - wrong tag, too many other hunters, bad weather, wrong gear, someone else has "my" campsite, etc.

Hunting Colorado is my happy time. The last thing I'm going to do is introduce stress into that process.

Good luck to everyone today!

Mmcan

WKR
Excellent attitude and plan. I’m on the same page.

The Daily Stoic is an email I get. It presents a specific point/lesson every day. If you aren’t already aware of it, you might check it out.

Good luck to all!!

michihunt

Lil-Rokslider
4591786a8686ebca652794807ffe7e0d.jpg

Guys, I would appreciate it if you all logged off so my computer will stop doing this haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WKR
Process confirms why if I don't draw a tag intially, I'll spend my money in Kansas, Nebraska, and other states on upland game.

Savage99

WKR
Pro tip: don’t fat finger and close your tab once you’ve added your tag to your cart. Ask me how I know.
c7bb90fa4e1b51f9981fa6d9eeff0654.jpg

Edit: scored a cow tag for third!!! In my “doe” unit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"

I was first in line with my choices in at 0900 and all three of my archery elk choices were gone. Last year that 3rd choice was still available with multiple tags at noon. So, it might work out.........or it might not work out. She did pull up a deer tag for me that was still available near your tag, but I didn't want it without the elk tag.

weaver

WKR
I like the system much better than in years past but ultimately the results were the same.....no tag.
Unbelievably slim pickings on the list now compared to past years. Tags that I picked up weeks after they went on sale are sold out already.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Thunderer

Lil-Rokslider
Same result for me. I had all my info programmed to auto-fill once the screens popped up (CC info, hunter ed, hunt selection 1 and 2). I hit that "proceed" button at 9:00.01 according to time.gov... took 4 minutes to pull up the screen just to select the hunt choices. 3 minutes watching the circle go round and round to confirm that hunt choice 1 was gone..... 3 more minutes to confirm that choice 2 was gone.

Going in person and being the first in line must be the only way to get those nice tags.