Colorado left-over licenses tips

OP
T
I'm trying to get ready for buying Colorado left-over licenses. Does anybody have any tips?
Thanks guys for the great feedback! if nothing else it makes me feel better that we are all in the same boat, LOL,iIdid score a mule deer tag in unit 34,not my first choice but Im happy to get the oppurtunity.i didn have a couple of minutes waitng due to the high use volume but got me and my buddy a tag.So im happy.......

Took 16 minutes to tell me that my deer tag had no quota, but I did pick up a muzzleloader doe antelope tag to go with the buck tag I picked up in the regular draw. I think we now have 3 buck tags and 7-8 doe tags in camp. Gonna be a great 3 days!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Going in person and being the first in line must be the only way to get those nice tags.

I was first in line and didn't get squat. The 2nd guy didn't get squat. The 3rd guy got a first rifle elk tag. It just depends what you're after. If there are only a handful of tags that you want that are available, there are also 1000 other "first in line" guys around the state that you're competing with. So it's a crap shoot either way.

Burning 10 points in the draw for unit 66 would hurt more than just driving to CO from San Diego to get a leftover tag in person.

It would hurt worse to drive all that way and get shut out anyway.

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
Old thread, but same old song and dance........anyone have special planes for tomorrows big day? Im petrified of the online system after years of turmoil, and dont really wanna stand at Wal Mart all night for a "thanks but no thanks' message haha

Phaseolus

WKR
My best tip is do your homework and get a tag in the first draw. Have a second choice as a backup tag. Check the box that say’s,
‘if unsuccessful, enter me in the second draw”. If you don’t get a first choice or your second choice 9 (I get a B tag as my second choice and hunt elk twice) then you can participate in the second draw. If that fails then you can wait in line for the leftover draw and maybe get a tag that got turned back in.

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
My best tip is do your homework and get a tag in the first draw. Have a second choice as a backup tag. Check the box that say’s,
‘if unsuccessful, enter me in the second draw”. If you don’t get a first choice or your second choice 9 (I get a B tag as my second choice and hunt elk twice) then you can participate in the second draw. If that fails then you can wait in line for the leftover draw and maybe get a tag that got turned back in.
Recognize sarcasm and humor much?

Phaseolus

WKR
You no longer have to check a box to participate.
That’s good, I’m still going to draw during the first draw. If there’s a tag that really turns my crank in the 3rd draw 'I will try for it.