Colorado Leftover First Come First Serve

joel_sledz

Lil-Rokslider
Did Colorado allow people in before 9 AM mountain time? I logged in at 8:15, didn’t get in until 8:55. It strictly said do not go to the leftover license list until 9 am. As soon as the clock struck 9 I was in and tried 5 different hunt codes before 9:01.. struck out on all. Wondering if they let people in early and if so, who got lucky?!? There were some decent tags leftover, that’s for sure!

Holski

FNG
Don't think anyone got in early, heard a few guys that were in at 830 ish and stayed on the residency page until 9, then went in and had decent luck. I wasn't one of those lucky guys though.

I went to cpwshop.com around 8:10 MT and saw a page saying something along the lines of "you're in the queue, don't leave this page." About 10 minutes later a message popped up saying I could proceed and it let me go to the normal cpwshop.com home page. I signed in, clicked "Buy Big Game Licenses," then stopped at the "Select Residency" page. At 9:00 on the dot, I selected my residency, clicked proceed, typed in the one hunt code I was interested in and got to the checkout screen within a minute.

Assuming the queue was maxed out, there were 6000 people waiting at the residency page ready to pounce at 9:00:00. With that many people, the difference between getting and not getting some tags likely came down to a matter of seconds.
Screenshot_20220802-150724_Samsung Internet.jpg

WoodrowCall

Lil-Rokslider
I was in queue also at 8:10. Waited at residency page until dead on 9 and tried checking out in less than 10 seconds once in, no luck. Not sure how someone could have beat me to it if they weren’t let in early… I was pretty dang fast on it….

Buddy logged into his account and tried several times to go early leading up to 9. He never did get in until right at 9, so I’d like to assume they didn’t let anyone in early like last year.

Who’s to really say or know though 🤷🏼‍♂️

OP
joel_sledz

joel_sledz

Lil-Rokslider
I went to cpwshop.com around 8:10 MT and saw a page saying something along the lines of "you're in the queue, don't leave this page." About 10 minutes later a message popped up saying I could proceed and it let me go to the normal cpwshop.com home page. I signed in, clicked "Buy Big Game Licenses," then stopped at the "Select Residency" page. At 9:00 on the dot, I selected my residency, clicked proceed, typed in the one hunt code I was interested in and got to the checkout screen within a minute.

Assuming the queue was maxed out, there were 6000 people waiting at the residency page ready to pounce at 9:00:00. With that many people, the difference between getting and not getting some tags likely came down to a matter of seconds.
View attachment 435114
Great info! Congrats with your tag and good luck!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I’d like to assume they didn’t let anyone in early like last year.
You can still get into the system before 9, but if you go past the residency page it will kick you out when you try to enter anything. The list doesn't load until 0900, so before that you won't see any of the tags available when you enter them.

WoodrowCall

Lil-Rokslider
You can still get into the system before 9, but if you go past the residency page it will kick you out when you try to enter anything. The list doesn't load until 0900, so before that you won't see any of the tags available when you enter them.
Right. I understand the stated rules. My buddy tried early and then had to sign out and log back in to get to residency page as it should have done. However, last year the list hit before 9am, hence why we were checking to see if it’d hit early again…

Right. I understand the stated rules. My buddy tried early and then had to sign out and log back in to get to residency page as it should have done. However, last year the list hit before 9am, hence why we were checking to see if it’d hit early again…
Last year was a circus. I spoke with CPW and they seemed to have fixed the bugs from the first attempt at this process last year.

jkilburg

FNG
Logged in and it loaded me into the queue, but as soon as I had the tags in my cart the system booted me and made me login again. Tags were gone by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbenson

Lil-Rokslider
I still think people (smarter than me) have figured out how to create systems, apps, bots of some kind to ensure themselves tags, or better chances at tags. Or people "on the inside" get first access 🤣

Jbenson

Lil-Rokslider
I know that was the case the first couple years, but allegedly that was "fixed"