Colorado Leftover List

Never messed with the leftover tags but gonna give it a try this year. Are the hunts with 1 tag even possible to draw or will bots get them like them like they say?

ahlgringo

WKR
Never messed with the leftover tags but gonna give it a try this year. Are the hunts with 1 tag even possible to draw or will bots get them like them like they say?

Never knew or even talked to anyone that snagged a tag that had less than 3 available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is also no shortage of speculation that the bots are CPW employees or their F&F. Some real gold on Facebook.

street

WKR
That seems like a reasonable change: Any secondary draw licenses drawn must be paid for even if turned back.

sndmn11

WKR
Saying this again...

They should only allow those who applied for a hunt code in the primary draw to obtain the same hunt code as a leftover. If one did not apply for a hunt code in the primary they cannot obtain it as a leftover.

I would be open to allowing a time period from 2 days to a week for the above to be true, and then allowing anyone to purchase that hunt code.

I would be open to expanding the choices in the primary draw from 4 to up to a dozen to allow for more choices on leftover day in my new plan, but I think 4-6 is ideal.

Rather than 10k people trying for the same hunt code, of which likely only 100 applied for it previously and only 20 have scouted it, there should be a purpose for those additional choices at the primary draw. I get the sad tummy bubbles when I see a hunt code I have scouted for years, applied for, and miss out on during leftover day, only to see, "who has hunted unit XXX? Just scored it on leftover day and need some ideas."

Jethro

WKR
Saying this again...

They should only allow those who applied for a hunt code in the primary draw to obtain the same hunt code as a leftover. If one did not apply for a hunt code in the primary they cannot obtain it as a leftover.

I would be open to allowing a time period from 2 days to a week for the above to be true, and then allowing anyone to purchase that hunt code.

I would be open to expanding the choices in the primary draw from 4 to up to a dozen to allow for more choices on leftover day in my new plan, but I think 4-6 is ideal.

Rather than 10k people trying for the same hunt code, of which likely only 100 applied for it previously and only 20 have scouted it, there should be a purpose for those additional choices at the primary draw. I get the sad tummy bubbles when I see a hunt code I have scouted for years, applied for, and miss out on during leftover day, only to see, "who has hunted unit XXX? Just scored it on leftover day and need some ideas."
I like that plan. Since the list renews each week, got to keep the time short though, 2 days max. After that it’s up for grabs.

Also, first choice eligible only. Otherwise people could fill in choice 2-4 with good units they have no shot at in the primary just for a shot at a leftover. That would be counterproductive to your whole system.

sndmn11

WKR
I like that plan. Since the list renews each week, got to keep the time short though, 2 days max. After that it’s up for grabs.

Also, first choice eligible only. Otherwise people could fill in choice 2-4 with good units they have no shot at in the primary just for a shot at a leftover. That would be counterproductive to your whole system.
I think that would be the point of my whole system!

If you want to roll the dice that Em061o1r shows up as a leftover, then you use it as any of your choices. If you think the .5% chance that it makes it to the leftover list isn't up your alley, then choose something else.

A person could put preference point as choice 1, Ef011o1r for second choice and draw it, then a bunch of high point list A hunt codes hoping the wild chance of them making it to the leftover list happens. I am down with that.

OP
ToolMann

ToolMann

WKR
Damnit. Wonder if I screwed myself. Logged in as in the instructions. Stopped at the "resident status" page. It just stayed on that screen. Seeing the post above with the screenshot I decided to click on the "resident" button which then prompted the same screen as above. I wonder if I'm in the queue from when I logged in at 8, or when I clicked the button just now. Guess we're fixin to find out.

Damnit. Wonder if I screwed myself. Logged in as in the instructions. Stopped at the "resident status" page. It just stayed on that screen. Seeing the post above with the screenshot I decided to click on the "resident" button which then prompted the same screen as above. I wonder if I'm in the queue from when I logged in at 8, or when I clicked the button just now. Guess we're fixin to find out.
It didn’t even give me a chance to login that’s where I started when I went to cpw page

Vids

WKR
I'm in the same boat as you ToolMann, it's frustrating when you follow their instructions only to end up at the back of the line. Aaarrrggh.

OP
ToolMann

ToolMann

WKR
It didn’t even give me a chance to login that’s where I started when I went to cpw page
Maybe I'm ahead of you then? Who knows? The whole process is weird. They should just let you full log in and be in line based on the time you logged in. Not this "go here, click this, but not that".