Colorado Leftover/Reissue List

holmesac89

Lil-Rokslider
I'm hoping someone can explain something I must have misunderstood when reading the new process for the Colorado reissue/leftover list. Yesterday, there were multiple tags on the preview list that are not on the list this morning. I didn't think you could log-on to try to get these tags until 11:00 mountain time today. What am I missing? Thanks.

Not sure, but the tags on the preview list aren't supposed to be available until later, so they shouldn't be on leftover list yet.

OP
H

holmesac89

Lil-Rokslider
I was assuming the leftover list I clicked on this morning was the same as the reissue list I looked at yesterday. I did find the reissue list a few minutes ago which matched what I looked at yesterday. Thanks guys

Weird, the tag I wanted never hit the LO list. I was in a meeting an refreshed every update for the 1.5 hours, it never appeared. Others did, but it did not.

I never saw any tags I was after hit the list either. What time did everyone buy a tag? I saw tags go from the reissue list to the leftover list.

kscowboy01

Lil-Rokslider
I pulled a Bull Elk ML tag. I logged in at exactly 11:00 and sailed right through. Only 2 tags available were available, no archery. I really wanted the archery mule deer tag in a nearby unit but with there being only 1 and being a sheep hunter, I played my odds. "Drawing is hard part" they say. I'm sitting here with 15 PPs and thankful to have the opportunity without burning these points.

Last edited:
I called the CDOW, got the info, and started trying well before 11. There were several tags for different seasons that I saw hit the list, mine, no dice. As mentioned, I was watching every refresh list for 1.5 hours, it never populated. SPace......... The final frontier.

kirmerw

FNG
Tags on the reissue list didn’t seem to make it to the leftover lists. I called DOW to verify and didn’t hear anything back yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
I was allowed to select the Deer tag I wanted at 10:58:01, and when I clicked the add to cart.......it said quota was zero and I couldn't add it. Which means it sold before 10:58. The part that chaps me a little is that at 10:57:56...I was not allowed to select the hunt code to even add to my cart. Fishy Fishy CDOW-would love to know who got that tag, and at what time!

For me....who is a 6th Generation CO native and a real CO pioneer family member, I routinely have a difficult time getting a tag be it in the draw, second draw, or left over mess. The part that is the most questionable in my mind is this fact......CO hands out 361K big game licenses a year. 102k of them are to out of state hunters. 1/3 of all big game license go to non residents.......In my mind this is unacceptable and completely out of the norm for any western state.

Last edited:

Jd259

WKR
I was able to snag a decent 3rd season deer tag there were 4 on the list and I logged in at exactly 11am like they said and was able to add it to my cart and pay for it, got conformation email about 20 minutes later…

i Got a 201 cow tag exactly at 11:00:05 because i didn't log in and followed directions. Lucky i got a tag, but i am just that, lucky. How naive i was to think they would not open the sale early. Jez