Colorado Leftover/Reissue List

Thomas11

WKR
I’d like to know or guess as to how many peeps are trying to get these reissued tags? Is it 1000s or 100,000s? Seems like a lot of ppl still trying even this close to season. Years past I’ve snagged bunches of them but this yr demand seems out the roof. I get the 76 tag being gone in a second but some of the others were gone in seconds and not special tags at that. I would think some otc stuff would be comparable to tags I saw go in a blink of an eye

Jwknutson17

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
So how is someone literally able to check out in a second? Is there some benefit I’m missing of trying to do it in person at a CPW location u r referring to?
If you add it in your cart it reserves your tag for 15 minutes. Kind of like a concert ticket system or sporting event. I would assume the guys that sleep the night at a CPW office have the employee tee up the tag and the second they release it, they hit enter on the computer to take it. I don't know, but that's my speculation.

Jwknutson17

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’d like to know or guess as to how many peeps are trying to get these reissued tags? Is it 1000s or 100,000s? Seems like a lot of ppl still trying even this close to season. Years past I’ve snagged bunches of them but this yr demand seems out the roof. I get the 76 tag being gone in a second but some of the others were gone in seconds and not special tags at that. I would think some otc stuff would be comparable to tags I saw go in a blink of an eye
I would guess thousands. Over 6k people on CPWs site at once with initiate the waiting game to log in even. Few buddies were also trying for some pretty normal tags with multiple tags available in that hunt code and had no luck with refreshing the page, leftover watch, or even the leftover list. It's like they just never existed.

The whole system is ripe for abuse.

I wish they would go down the list of people who applied for the tag on the first draw as their 1st choice and offer it to them by email (under a conditional time period of 1 hour) and keep going down that list until someone who actually applied to it on a first choice accepts it. If nobody on the first choice list accepts it, move onto people who put in for it as a second choice and so on and so forth.

Oh ya, and take their points for 1st choice applicants accepting the tag because it was their first choice as well....How could anyone be mad about that? I mean they were going to burn their points on it anyways.

Thomas11

WKR
If you add it in your cart it reserves your tag for 15 minutes. Kind of like a concert ticket system or sporting event. I would assume the guys that sleep the night at a CPW office have the employee tee up the tag and the second they release it, they hit enter on the computer to take it. I don't know, but that's my speculation.
I think the 15 min was just the first go around where u couldn’t go past the residency page. Now I think it’s the first to check out that gets the tag. I don’t think u can reserve it like the first leftover day

The tags are not supposed to be available for purchase until they are on the leftover list. Even if it gets purchased the split second the list is updated by somebody that luckily enters the code at that exact moment, every code should make an appearance on the list. However briefly that may be.

But I watched every updated list for over 2 hours and the hunt I was looking for never showed up.
That's where you are wrong the tags go in the system and can be purchased before they ever appear on the list. Their is a huge delay between the tag being put in the system and then showing up on the list. Most of the tags are gone within seconds of being loaded into the system. Like I said if your relying on the app or the list your way behind and will never get a tag.

Even if they can be purchased as soon as they go into the system how does 1 benefit from being in person for a purchase? I would assume they wouldn't because I don't think all the tags get sold at the same time. The clerk would have to keep checking. Same when I called in 2 weeks prior. When I got in to speak with a real person I though for sure I would get a tag. Nope. And they will only hang on the phone for 2 minutes. Then its on to the next call but your tag may not have shown up yet.

So when did the 3 66 1st rifle tags hit the list yesterday?

Thomas11

WKR
Yes you can
How’s so? I’ve added several tags to my cart practicing for the real one and I don’t see anywhere that there is a 15 min timer allowing me to hold it? They only said that for opening leftover day But it gives me notice or timer that the tag now is being held. So to me, it seems it would first to get checked out

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
No new comments in about a month…..is anyone still trying for reissue tags or throw the towel in and go OTC?

Holski

FNG
I ended up picking up an Elk and Deer tag the past 2 weeks, So I either got incredibly lucky or less people are still trying!