Colorado Leftover/Reissue List

erle1139

FNG
I was able to get one of 8 left over cow tags a few weeks ago that appeared on the weekly list...after having been unsuccessful for a couple weeks before that. I didn't even bother waiting for the tag to show up on the leftover list because I noticed before that different tags would show up at different times, not all at once. I already had my hunt code entered on the check out screen and kept refreshing the preview list on a different screen. Once I saw the preview list had been moved to the leftover list, I started trying to purchase my tag. After a couple minutes of continuous purchase attempts, it finally went through. I never checked or waited for it to show on leftover list. Like people above have said, if you're waiting for it to pop up on the list, you're already way behind everyone else. Strange way of doing things for sure.

The tags never make it to the list. Once they get dumped from re-issue, they're like smoke in the air. There were some good rifle tags for sure this time around.

Regardless, just glad we all get a chance. Just think all those years where those tags just went to the garbage can no re-issue, nada. At least you have a "chance" albeit I liked the format before where they would dump them randomly, but still, you have a chance.

sndmn11

WKR
I grabbed a B cow tag, and was kicking myself for getting a list A archery tag already.

I still think it would be super fun if they limited what leftovers/reissues you could get to strictly what you applied for as choices 1-4 in April. Reward those who have planned and done research on the units they want to hunt by decreasing post application demand, entice those who do not apply to do so and capitalize on the qualifying license and application fee.

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
There were NINE 1st Season Bull tags for 61 on the Reissue list.

Crazy.
Yepp….had one at the “Add to cart” step and it wouldn’t process.I usually do not chase trophy tags, but couldn’t help myself this week.

Im about sick of the system tho….Colorados population has skyrocketed in recent years, so all the former residents compete with all the new residents which significantly lowers chances in comparison to when it “wasn’t cool” to live here. Couple that with the ability for non res and res to compete for tags at the same time, and it’s a wildly terrible system. Colorado needs to DRASTICALLY cut or eliminate non resident big game hunting. Non res pays so much and Colorado makes so much from them you say?? Fine, charge me $1,000 for a tag every year….guess what, not a single resident big game hunter will blink an eye.

Someone return a 3rd rifle private land deer in 11! Had the tag in my cart and someone snatched it up before I could check out last week! :(

Are you waiting for them to show up on the Leftover List to purchase?
Not at all. I just watch the list to correspond any real info.
*****Curious about this moose tag that showed up. What was the hunt code????

I am not very happy with the new system. I think a few at home folks have a decent shot, but most tags are open for some corrupt activity by license agents. The process is different without getting into details. Let’s just say once the tag is in your name/on account, it’s yours. You can pay up to 24 hours later at a cpw license agent. Not saying employees are “cheating” for their friends, but I am saying that! I’ve seen it happen with the individuals not present. statute of limitations is well past. But if I see it again, it will be reported immediately

Last edited:

Dave_

Lil-Rokslider
There were NINE 1st Season Bull tags for 61 on the Reissue list.

Crazy.
So tags 5 points and over get offered to the next 5 people in line, who would need to use points if they accept, correct? Does anyone know if these tags we are seeing on the preview list have already been offered to the next in line and turned down or just turned back in?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ericF

WKR
So tags 5 points and over get offered to the next 5 people in line, who would need to use points if they accept, correct? Does anyone know if these tags we are seeing on the preview list have already been offered to the next in line and turned down or just turned back in?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

If they make it to the leftover list/reissue preview then they have already been offered to the 5 people. If one of those 5 people takes a >5 point tag you will never see it and never know that it was turned in.

Dave_

Lil-Rokslider
If they make it to the leftover list/reissue preview then they have already been offered to the 5 people. If one of those 5 people takes a >5 point tag you will never see it and never know that it was turned in.
Gotcha , Thanks!