Colorado Leftover/Reissue List

Holski

FNG
Was trying to get this tag for my dad ended up getting this far but someone added it to the cart faster. At least I got to have the 2 seconds of excitement! God luck everyone!

Attachments

• unit 61.JPG
    unit 61.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 87

Jwknutson17

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Crazy how they just put out two Early rifle 76 tags on the list today. With only one day left in that season. Guess if you lived Gunnison or Creede, you could go hunt for one day! That tag being 19 points for a resident and 25 for a non, seems like wasted tags just putting it out right now.

ericF

WKR
If you liked the old system better send CPW an email and let them know. They did a survey and there was a slight preference towards this new method. CPW was going to keep the old method around because of the issues people are hitting such as a single time, mini leftover day, etcs. However during the commision meeting when they presented the survey and said they were going to keep the old method one of the commisioners spoke up and said why aren't they going to do it this new way since that was the preference. And now here we are.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Crazy how they just put out two Early rifle 76 tags on the list today. With only one day left in that season. Guess if you lived Gunnison or Creede, you could go hunt for one day! That tag being 19 points for a resident and 25 for a non, seems like wasted tags just putting it out right now.
There were two of those tags on the list two weeks ago as well......along with several other higher point tags. I've seen quite a few higher point tags in quantity on the lists this year, and just makes me wonder how many guys they are actually calling in line to try to get rid of them.........or just dumping them all on the list. Four 76 early rifle tags are 20% of the allotted tags for that hunt.......that seems like a lot of tags to be turned in when it was too late to get their points pack. It was the same for 76 ML tags this year as well.......there were two on the list I think three weeks in a row. That's a lot of guys turning down the tags if they are actually calling people.

sndmn11

WKR
I don't have the book in front of me, but I thought there was something in the reissue process that said turned in tags would be randomly released on those days, not at the next Wednesday. If that is true, some of those high point rags could have been turned in a few months ago.

I think they should have a mini draw every week. I also still think a person should only be eligible to get a tag they applied for in April.

I'm all for a weekly draw on the leftover/reissue.

The fact that they are "randomly releasing" tags that take moderate to high preference with a couple of days left in the season is absolutely ridiculous.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I don't have the book in front of me, but I thought there was something in the reissue process that said turned in tags would be randomly released on those days, not at the next Wednesday. If that is true, some of those high point rags could have been turned in a few months ago.
The way I've read it is that any tags turned in the previous week would be put on the Tuesday list and then released at 11 on Wed.

The way I've read it is that any tags turned in the previous week would be put on the Tuesday list and then released at 11 on Wed.

This is my understanding, however, the big caveat being that the process does take a week or two or three. This is the government we're talking about here, the process isn't instantaneous. I have a lifelong friend who works at a local CPW office that hears about tags being turned in, and he says they take a couple weeks to go through the process before ending up on the list. He's verified with some of the more high profile tags in the past. So generally, the suggestion that these tags turning up now were turned in "too late to get their points back" I don't think holds true necessarily. That being said I hope they do so they can clear those pointholders out of the queue next year!